Dashboard Trouble

Hello -

Somewhat of a newbie here....appreciate your patience and assistance.

I'm having an issue getting to implement a Dashboard.

When I try and visit my install location /ui I receive a blank page with the title of UNDEFINED

In some of the reading I've done I've seen mention of a conflict between having the both the UI and Dashboard flows installed - is that correct?

This is what my palette screen looks like.

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find an answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Squid :chipmunk:

This sounds like a fundamental issue with compatibility.

1. NodeJS Version
  2. Node-RED Version
  3. Dashboard Version
  4. OS, brand and version
  5. Browser brand and version

Then maybe revise them and see if anyone else can see any problems..
I know it's not an answer, but you need to start somewhere at the baseline first.

Get rid of node-red-contrib-ui_I it hasn’t been updated in over 5 years. There are lots of ui nodes you can use.

I had a similar issue with "node-red-contrib-opcua-iiot" and "node-red-contrib-opcua" nodes. There were 2 which worked seemingly fine and I could chose between them. I also had them both installed. Then "node-red-contrib-opcua-iiot" went out of support and it could no longer be updated or installed. I did not uninstall it. The other, "node-red-contrib-opcua" node group was updated but it stopped working. I tried installing older versions and went around and around a simple issue of connectivity. As it turned out the other "node-red-contrib-opcua-iiot" node group was conflicting by just being there. I had to remove it completely and SUPRISE! the other node-red-contrib-opcua nodes worked flawlessly.

How do I uninstall it? I don’t see the option next to it?

You have to remove all occurancies from the flows and deploy. Then you should be able to remove it.

Thank you...removing the UI component was the trick...dashboard now displays.

I ran into an issue with components not in use still showing in use. I used the trick here to find a solution to delete them.

Thanks again for the help!

Squid

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.