Speed up or disable editor animations

Probably not a popular request, but it should be a pretty easy one. I'd like to be able to either set a speed modifier for all the animations in the editor - opening and closing node settings panes for example - similar to what Android has in the dev options (x0.5, x1.5, etc.) or disable the automations completely. Not because my PC can't handle them, but because it slows me down. I have to actively wait for the animation to finish, despite them lasting only half a second or so.

This may seem trivial to some, but it's comparable to being stuck behind a slow truck. Sometimes you don't mind, but sometimes it just annoys you, which isn't necessary.

2 Likes

This is not currently theme-able - but something that could be looked into.

Short term:

You could adjust or disable transition: "right 0.25s ease" in packages/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/src/js/ui/tray.js then rebuild node-red, start node-red / refresh browser.

↑ running from src

↓ running from npm installation

find transition: "right 0.25s ease" in red.min.js on your installation and change/delete that, refresh browser.

1 Like

Actually, this is an accessibility issue as well. For some people, animations can make things unusable.

So I would back a call for being able to turn off all animations in order to make Node-RED more accessible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.