Stuck with node for reading out Google calendar

I have created a nice workflow for an interactive family calendar with Neopixels. In 2018 I have used node-red-node-google. After several updates, the authentication with Google does not work any more.
When using the callback authentication with the URL http://node-red.example.com:1880/google-credentials/auth/callback (which is resolved in hosts-Files correctly) the following error message is shown:

> TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined
>     at /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-google-calendar/source/google.js:211:37
>     at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
>     at next (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
>     at Route.dispatch (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
>     at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
>     at /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
>     at Function.process_params (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
>     at next (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
>     at expressInit (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/middleware/init.js:40:5)
>     at trim_prefix (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
>     at /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
>     at Function.process_params (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
>     at next (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at query (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/middleware/query.js:45:5)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)

Now I am looking for a solution to get the calendar node back to work.
Has anybody a complete how-to use a calendar node and to do proper authentication?

same here. I just replied to keep the issue from closing

looked further into this...

I made a new Google Project, added Calendar API. I clicked 'credentials' in the left menu, added OAuth client where I added http://localhost:1880/google-credentials/auth/callback in the Authorised redirect URIs.
Use the client ID and secret in a new node red google and you're all settled

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.