Telegram Group Name

Hi @knolleary, sorry for the inconvenience. I manage the group on Telegram of "Node-Red Italia". We have reached 500 users and I am wondering if I need to have approval from you and the Node-red Team (I have already looked at your licenses which I think not to break). It is a classic group of technical support, ideas etc. in Italian mother tongue just to overcome the language barrier.

Thank you for reading.

1 Like

Hi, Node-RED was gifted to the JavaScript Foundation and is licensed under an Apache 2 license.

As a fully open source tool, you are free to do pretty much what you like as long as you acknowledge the license. :smiley:

Well the name belongs to the foundation as well so you can’t just claim the name on its own. As long a it is clear it is a user group it should be ok. (And we look forward to the i18n translations for the core ! :wink:

1 Like

Thank'you very much for your answer.

if is possible to help you for the translation, I am available if you want.

Thank's a lot

Hi - see German translation - anyone interested? for the currently ongoing German effort - which highlights the necessary files etc. - Obviously not a short term item, but if you can help get your group on board with an effort to create an Italian translation then that would be really good.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.