German translation - anyone interested?

We just started a new attempt translating major parts of the UI. Just wondering if someone wants to support this - translating, reviewing, commenting - anyone is welcome.
Discussion will be held on the #i18n-de Slack channel.

Thanks
Joerg

Stay healthy - stay negative

4 Likes

Great work Joerg.

Sadly my German doesn't go much beyond ordering the beers so not sure I'd be of any help. :beers:

1 Like

Cheers :smiley:

1 Like

There are several native Germans hanging around here (I'm just a Swedish child born in Sweden, by two German parents, so I'm not the best reviewer...even if I understand most :wink: )
Let's see how well they now will be tuning in, come on guys & girls !!!!

2 Likes

Hello together,

the Pull Request "rework of DE translation by heikokue · Pull Request #2806 · node-red/node-red · GitHub" has a 1st draft of the changes in the Node-RED editor (main GUI) and it's JSONata descriptions. The translations of the runtime and the nodes are ongoing.
There you can see the changes wether directly in the locales-files, but with no exact knowledge where and how they are visible in Node-RED.
Or you can replace the locales files directly in your given Node-RED installation by copying the locales folders:

editor-client:
from /packages/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/locales
to /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/locales (RasPi)
or to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\editor-client\locales (Windows)

nodes:
from /packages/node_modules/@node-red/nodes/locales
to /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/nodes/locales (RasPi)
or to
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\nodes\locales (Windows)

runtime:
from /packages/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/locales
to /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/locales (RasPi)
or to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\runtime\locales (Windows)

This is the GitHub website with the development branch: GitHub - heikokue/node-red at i18n-de/dev
And this is the Git-link to clone it locally: https://github.com/heikokue/node-red.git
You need Git installed: https://git-scm.com/
Please leave your comments in the PR (Pull Request above).

Another (deveoper-)tool to review the translations is GitHub - node-red/i18n-viewer.

We are very grateful for any feedback and any help!

1 Like

Please leave your comments and suggestions either in the code in the PR or as an issue .
And please use there the emoji buttons :+1:/:-1: to express your approval or disapproval.

Some more informations:

Hello together, I just finished and pushed my rework of the german translation of the core (editor, runtime, jsonata and the core-nodes). Now it's on you to review it, please!
The translation is on the level of NR-version 1.2.9. Later/ongoing developments (e.g. MQTT5) are not yet translated. I like to wait till the next release.
I hope, you enjoy it. And if not, please enter an issue at GitHub - heikokue/node-red: Low-code programming for event-driven applications

1 Like

Hello together, the reworked German translation of the core is with 1.3.1 online! Thank you to all for your support!
It was a bigger change and I hope you enjoy it.
And if you found an issue, please raise a issue or simple contact me!

2 Likes

Congrats ! Honor and reputation is yours !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.