French translation / traduction en français

hello everyone,
I searched on the forum, in the wiki, in the documentation, on the web, to find out if anyone had already produced a French translation of node-red.
I want to use it in schools, and I need to be able to translate it. The only files I've found are from Julien Rat on Github, but they are dated 2018.
Can someone give me some information? Or how can I contribute to the translations?
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello

I also may support in the translation to Português -PT

thank you

Hi,
could you explain how did you translated?
Many thanks.

It's not an easy task.

First goto node-red/packages/node_modules/@node-red/nodes/locales at master · node-red/node-red · GitHub to see all the translations.

fork the English one, we will look at the inject node for right now node-red/20-inject.html at master · node-red/node-red · GitHub

Translate it with out messing up any html
Create a french tagged file
Create a pull request

Ya know its been a while but I may make a howto youtube video, step by step on doing this. We may get more translations.

1 Like

Many thanks for your answer, I'll clone it and try to PR a fresh French version.

Dont forget messages.json [node-red/messages.json at master · node-red/node-red · GitHub] - this contains much of the editor translations (and may prove to be the easiest / most impactful).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.