Text_input logic in Node-red Dashboard

Hello everyone, I am making widgets like in the video. The point I use as reference is the knot red instrument panel. In "text entry" in the Node-red control panel, data is not lost when the page is refreshed and data is also transmitted to other browsers. With what logic does he do this? I need your opinion.

You need to have a think about the nature of Node-RED and the interaction with Dashboard.

Comms between the user browser Dashboard pages and the Node-RED server are LIVE, over websockets. So any change to a field on a Dashboard is reflected immediately back to Node-RED - not like a traditional web form where you much submit the form using a GET or POST http call.

As for the mirroring, Dashboard is not designed as a multi-user web ui so all instances of the Dashboard mirror.

thank you for your attention

You could always use uibuilder if you wanted to craft a multi-user UI but of course, you would likely need to do more of the base UI work yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.