Time Picker Issue - no arrows (Chrome)

When using time picker in Chrome (Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)) the arrows that traditionally came up to adjust the hour / minute / ampm no longer display. The same problem occurs when I launch Dashboard using FireFox. The only way now that I can adjust the time or ampm is using the up - dn arrow keys. I'd really like to get the arrows back on the Dashboard screen,

TIA
st

When I try that I see a small (almost invisible) button on the right

clicking that gives me this

How the browser decides to render the time widget is up to Chrome as this is just using the html5 input in time mode.
I will have a look to see if it's possible to style the button so it's more visible.

Ah. If I fish around a bit clicking I get it to come up. The trigger icon is completely unseeable (with my color scheme maybe). I do like this select function better then the up-dn arrows so yes, if the icon could be made more visible that'd be perfect.

Thank you ......
st

fix pushed to master...

FYI - more info here - https://blog.chromium.org/2020/03/updates-to-form-controls-and-focus.html

I still cannot see the widget. Is there a color item under themes that controls this?

I have had need to also make a thing like this.

What node are you using to input the time?

Thanks.

It's not on npm yet - just fixed in master on github. Will be in next release.

Text Input Node with mode set to time picker.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks. Did a minor step update to DB today (2.23.4) and thought it might be in there.

if you want to install manually to try it you can

cd ~/.node-red
npm i node-red/node-red-dashboard

then restart Node-RED

Thanks dceejay

I've tried to update a few times and it always just gets stuck like this:

pi@HomeController:~/.node-red $ npm i node-red/node-red-dashboard
 [..................] - rollbackFailedOptional: verb npm-session 55e9c19c686f7ac7

It'll stay like that forever until I hit Ctrl-C.

very odd... maybe some ideas from SO - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46011546/npm-install-error-rollbackfailedoptional ?

What sort of pi is it? Did you give it tens of minutes if it isn't a pi 4?

Sorry for the delay guys, I was away. Yesterday I fired up the command and left it all day. When I looked at it this morning I saw the CLI prompt so I assumed maybe it did something. I stop-started Node-Red, even rebooted the pi (3B+) but no change. I am running Buster and can confirm the internet is / was working fine, my NR app is running fine.

I can just wait for the next release I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.