Trouble with node-red-contrib-opi-gpio install (versions)

NR 1.0.2
Node v12.13.0
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster
Platform: Nano Pi NEO 2

I am getting errors like this :
.cache/node-gyp/12.13.0/include/node/v8config.h:311:3: note: in definition of macro ‘V8_DEPRECATED’

When I try to add node-red-contrib-opi-gpio.

Opi-gpio was last updated 2 years ago and I don't see any way to make bug report. It appears that something about opi-gpio depends on node-gyp (build process?) but I haven't been able to learn enough to more than guess. 2 years suggests to me opi-gpio is no longer maintained and I need to find an alternative to access gpio, interrupts etc. going forward. Alternative is to go back to old NR version? How?

I would appreciate some guidance on how best to move. Forward? Backward? I need basic discrete I/O, PWM (optional), and interrupt capabilities to measure fan speed. Control of fan speed is not really required but I want to be able to do & test for use in follow on projects.

I am trying to learn about NR etc. but all my time is burned in trying (not very successfully) to search for solutions, fix problems and get / keep system in usable and reasonably up to date state. Learning a dead end seems counter to my objective given my limited time budget.

Thanks for any guidance.

Q

Hi Quanta
I am interested in your problem - which I also have.
There appear to have been some changes to libraries which break the node-red-contrib-opi-gpio package.

Did you eventually find some solution?

Regards,
Nick.

You could try a direct appeal to the author ? - g.prand(at)gmail.com