UI_MEDIA warning

When starting node red, a warning is being displayed:

18 Nov 17:58:25 - [warn] [ui_media:Test] *** Order property not set. Please contact developer. ***

No performance issues have been detected

Environment
18 Nov 17:58:09 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.0.2
18 Nov 17:58:09 - [info] Node.js version: v12.6.0
18 Nov 17:58:09 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.18362 x64 LE

Anybody else has this and does it really matter?
Contacted the developer but no reply so far

Keen to resolve this myself, but have no idea where to start looking as 'google' does not give me lots of feedback what is wrong. If I know the problem, might even 'fork' the development and fix it for others

If you are using a contributed node then the first place to look when you have a problem like this is to look on the node's GitHub page. You haven't said which node you are using but I guess it is node-red-contrib-ui-media. In this case it appears the issue has already been reported.

Ok, I'll redact what I said. I do have it installed.

How about you past the part of the flow where the message is created and the node itself.

I had a bit of trouble getting it working, but it shouldn't be that hard. I got it working - and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

This is just a warning. Ui nodes need to have a hidden property called order preset so the ui can save the position of the node. Without it it may mean the widget can randomly move around the display when other items are repositioned. Once we found the issue we added this warning so other nodes could be flagged and fixed.

Just for the record, this issue and some others have been resolved. Version 1.2.0 have been published with all of them. Thanks for reporting, and let me know if there's any other issue!

1 Like