Node-red doesn't run anymore

hello
node-red doesn't run any more , it closes the connection automatically , this is what i got :
at Flow.start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\Flow.js:8 9:35) at start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\index.js:328:2 9) at tryCatchReject (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:845:30) at runContinuation1 (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makeP romise.js:804:4) at Fulfilled.when (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:592:4) at Pending.run (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePromis e.js:483:13) at Scheduler._drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Sched uler.js:62:19) at Scheduler.drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Schedu ler.js:27:9) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11) While constructing LEDNode widget: TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null at C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:437:69 at find (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:399:13) at addControl (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:437:24) at Object.add (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:133:18) at addWidget (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\index.js:108:15) at Object.addWidget (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\index.js:115:20) at new LEDNode (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-ui-led\led.js:36:28) at createNode (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\Flow.js:3 05:18) at Flow.start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\Flow.js:8 9:35) at start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\index.js:328:2 9) at tryCatchReject (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:845:30) at runContinuation1 (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makeP romise.js:804:4) at Fulfilled.when (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:592:4) at Pending.run (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePromis e.js:483:13) at Scheduler._drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Sched uler.js:62:19) at Scheduler.drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Schedu ler.js:27:9) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11) 18 Jul 13:12:47 - [info] Started flows 18 Jul 13:12:47 - [info] [mqtt-broker:c0af7385.22f47] Connected to broker: mqtt://localhost:1883 18 Jul 13:12:47 - [info] [mqtt-broker:c4fd2c57.ef7fc] Connected to broker: mqtt://localhost:1883

it's my internship project : please help

Can you paste the whole startup log here. (so we can see which version of nodejs node-red and the dashboard you are using). Please read the following post How to share code or flow json on how to format your post.

1 Like

it doesn"t work anymore , that's what im getting now ....idk what's the problem ?

18 Jul 13:28:20 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.19.6
18 Jul 13:28:20 - [info] Node.js version: v10.2.1
18 Jul 13:28:20 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.17134 x64 LE
18 Jul 13:28:21 - [info] Loading palette nodes
18 Jul 13:28:23 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
18 Jul 13:28:23 - [info] Dashboard version 2.13.2 started at /ui

Theres a problem with the LEDnode widget you are using.

But because you aren't using the latest version of node-RED you can't use the --safe mode option.
You can either go back to the previous flows deployed ( saved in your .node-red folder)
or you can try to upgrade to v0.20.x of Node-RED when you would be able to use the --safe mode

You should also open an issue on the LEDnode you are using to inform the author of the trouble (paste the logs that you pasted here,

1 Like

i just fixed the problem now!
i deleted the flow .json file in the directory because it has a backup file, then i renamed the backup file like the one that i have deleted, its running now , but i don't advice any one to do that , if you didn't export/save it

Which was the advice, and the recommended way to do it before v0.20

Now would be a good time to upgrade Node-RED and the dashboard to newer versions, after you have opened an issue on the nodes github page (otherwise the author isn't going to know ...)

1 Like

yes i see , thank you dear for your time
i will open it today