Node-red doesn't run anymore

Yes - the error log above points to ui.js in dashboard... so yes should be caught there I think.
Having said that I can't recreate the issue by just disabling either nodes or tabs... so if anyone has a simple example that shows the issue that would be useful.

Did you try it with the ui-led node? That is the one I saw it on. I haven't seen it on core dashboard nodes.

no - I was trying ui-table as per above.

It fails for me with ui-table too. I installed ui-table, added a table node and assigned it to a new group on an existing tab and deployed (did not touch the table config or connect anything to it). Then I disabled the group and deployed and got, in the log

TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of null
    at addWidget (/home/colinl/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-dashboard/index.js:73:39)
    at Object.addWidget (/home/colinl/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-dashboard/index.js:137:48)
    at new TableNode (/home/colinl/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-node-ui-table/node.js:89:27)
    at Object.createNode (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/flows/util.js:86:27)
    at Flow.start (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/flows/Flow.js:205:48)
    at start (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/flows/index.js:371:33)
5 Jul 13:51:11 - [info] Started modified nodes

though I see this is not exactly the same message as reported above.

On further investigation, if instead of disabling the group I disable the tab (using the button down the bottom of the tab config node settings, not the disable field in the config itself) then I get exactly the error reported by @CreativeWarlock.

This is using node-red 2.0.0-Beta2 (I doubt if that is a factor), dashboard 2.29.3 and nodejs 16.4.0

ahhhhh that tab disable - I was using the workspace "tab" disable :slight_smile:

OK - possible fix pushed to master (not on npm)

Is the fix in the dashboard? If so then presumably it should fix the ui-led problem too.

Yes in dashboard. So hopefully fixed all over.

Alright, here we go: [node-red-node-ui-table]: Cannot read property 'id' of null · Issue #71 · node-red/node-red-ui-nodes · GitHub

I've stripped down my complete Node red flows to the only flow that causes the error on startup in hope that will make debugging as easy as possible.

If you need anything else let me know.

Cheers
Marcel

Should I be able to install the fix from git using
npm install node-red/node-red-dashboard?
The install fails, on Ubuntu with nodejs 16.4.0, npm 7.18.1

I thought I would check before posting the large install log, it isn't obvious to me why it won't install, though it does start with

npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! git dep preparation failed

which I don't remember seeing before.

I had removed the current version first.

odd - I have seen it take ages from git before - (but still succeed) - in which case I used yarn add instead...

After a bit of googling to find out how to use it I tried
yarn add node-red/node-red-dashboard
and I got, after some warnings

Couldn't find any versions for "uws" that matches "0.13.0"
? Please choose a version of "uws" from this list: (Use arrow keys)

followed by a list of options, but uws doesn't seem to be installed, unless it is a new module required by the dashboard. Probably I just don't understand how to use yarn.

very weird - only mention I can find of uws i some dep of ws websocket. Let me try on a test machine