Ui-template node problems

I finally got my two toggle buttons (DEBUG AND CAM) ready. And now i created two new challenges...

1. The size (height) of the new toggle button; i want this the same as my start button
  2. The description on the toggle buttons; it now displays the value off the toggle state, but i like the button value to have another value.

For exampe, if the debug screen is hidden, the button must show "show debug". It now shows debug OFF...

Naamloos2

solved it partially , with a workaround

1. height and width with
<md-button class="md-cornered" style="width: 96px; height: 120px"
        ng-class="msg.payload=='On' ? 'md-accent md-raised ' : 'md-primary'"
        ng-click="msg.payload = (msg.payload=='On' ? 'Off' : 'On');send(msg);"
        title="CAM"
    >
    DEBUG {{msg.payload}}
 </md-button>
  1. Hide field by making seperate groups for one or more fields. Groups can be hide/shown

2. Still dont have a solution for the text on the button; i want the text added with XXX for value A and YYY for value b of the payload

For point 3, you’re now displaying “DEBUG “ followed by the contents of msg.payload.
You use a ternary operator for the ng attributes, but you can do the same here, as long as you understand the meaning of {{ foo }}

For example {{ msg.payload === ‘A’ ? ‘XXXX’ : msg.payload === ‘B’ ? ‘YYYY’ : ‘ZZZZ }}

THANKS afelix, now it is complete!

@but i cant get it working, button is empty...

used

<md-button class="md-cornered" style="width: 96px; height: 120px;"
        title="CAM"
    >
{{ msg.payload === ‘On’ ? 'xxx' : msg.payload === ‘Off’ ? ‘yyy’ : ‘zzz' }}

</md-button>

the input of the template node
Naamloos

That's probably because I was typing it on my phone which defaults to smart quotes and since I was cooking dinner I didn't take the time to fix it. Replace the single quotes by actual single quotes, and put the thing down you wanted to prefix it with.

1 Like

:rofl: i hope dinner went ok..
I will try it, now going to sleep its sleeping time in holland...

And it works!, see the result..
Thank you @afelix
Perhaps split the button text over 2 lines?

{{ msg.payload === 'On' ? 'Disable CAM' : msg.payload === 'Off' ? 'Enable CAM' : 'CAM' }}

Result

Het was ook bedtijd voor mij, maar dat ziet er goed uit.

Try adding a html break tag between the static word and the dynamic state:

<md-button class="md-cornered" style="width: 96px; height: 120px;" 
ng-click="msg.payload = (msg.payload=='On' ? 'Off' : 'On');send(msg);" title="CAM" >
 {{ msg.payload === 'On' ? 'Disable' : msg.payload === 'Off' ? 'Enable' : 'invalid state' }} <br />CAM
</md-button>

With the break tag and standard term outside of the snippet to prevent the HTML from being escapes by mustache. As for the : 'invalid state' at the end, it can safely be removed to only show “CAM” on the button, it was in the example to show how it worked.

1 Like

yes it works, thanks for all your help @afelix. This project is finished.
Up to the next challenge!

<md-button class="md-cornered" style="width: 96px; height: 120px"
        title="CAM"
    >
Debug<br>
{{ msg.payload === 'On' ? 'Disable' : msg.payload === 'Off' ? 'Enable' : 'DEBUG' }}

</md-button>

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.