Uibuilder how to switch between production and development mode in vueJS

The title basically describes my problem. I don't know how to switch between production and development environment.

Thx for your help
Max

If you're using Vue I would very highly recommend setting up a conventional vue development environment with vue-cli and using that to serve-up your UI. You get hot-reload and good integration with the vue devtools browser plugin. Then you can run build to produce a production build and place that into the node-red static file area or in the uibuilder directory.

Hi Max, this is a Node.js standard convention, you simply set an appropriate environment variable before starting Node-RED.

Node.js, the difference between development and production (nodejs.dev)

Sorry, I have to somewhat disagree here. This is only worth-while for complex apps. For anything simple you are much better off without all of that. Especially now that uibuilder has some hot-reload built in.

Even for complex apps I personally wouldn't use vue-cli but would create a proper build workflow using whatever build tool you are familiar with (e.g. Webpack, Snowpack, Parcel, etc).

to each their own...

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.