UIBUILDER v6.6 beta progress: New landing page for the docs - feedback wanted

I know I may get shot down for bringing this topic backup!

But I wanted to test a new plugin for my rendering chain, that allows to model based on an SVG (in this case the Node RED logo SVG)

• Yes this is Spam
  • Yes I wanted todo something different
  • Yes I use Blender :nerd_face:
  • Next time @TotallyInformation - hide such topics away from me :angel:

Im done now :joy:

7 Likes

holy moly ... :heart_eyes:

Wow! You OK if I pinch that? I'm sure I'll find a good use for it. Maybe in the videos! :blush:

1 Like

Sure - I have the source Blender file if you have a use for it.
have another :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Have you tried it without the white light reflecting on the background.

Lets try....

I reduced the roughness of the material to emphasize the anisotropic property I used, moved the light and changed the emission colour for the tracks.

It works well!

4 Likes

Love the light-blue tracks. Could maybe do with making the tracks emit a tad more light. And maybe could shift the main light slightly so it isn't reflecting directly from the background?

The red tracks just look evil!

Happy to have the blender file at some point. I used to do a lot of 3d modelling - back in the Commodore Amiga days - when I was still a bachelor and had more time! :slight_smile: 30-40 years ago I guess - my, how things have moved on in that time. (says the old codger :rofl: )

3 Likes

No worries - I’ll do a HQ render tomorrow with the blue tracks and increased emission!

I’ll send over the Blender also

And I hope this hasn't totally derailed your week! But it is a really nice visual edittion.

BTW, what does it look like with the wording capitalised as per the updated brand? :wink:

Not at all - I’ll do both versions!
I enjoy the creative side of it all!

For next someone will come out with actual box with this design next week or so....

4 Likes

Now, where did I put my 3D printer? :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmmm, do I feel a merch opportunity coming on? :rofl:

2 Likes

UIBUILDER wireles frontend plugin box. Zero code solution. Beauty of it makes any front endless.

2 Likes

Alright @TotallyInformation, here is the Render!

I modelled a sheet of glass to sit ontop to add some "style" and it helps diffuse the emission from the tracks.

The text, and the block slightly overlap with the glass - as to remove any gaps
The UI text uses 2 materials - the "UI" part uses an emission shader material (like the tracks)

All elements can be disabled, moved, modified as you see fit
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 18.00.28

Render

Blender

3 Likes

And for the nerd in me (You can see the light source in there also - just above the glass) :joy:

2 Likes

Anyway - I'm going to stop, as this more suited to a 3D Rendering community :angel:

3 Likes

But much appreciated, thanks Marcus. I will get to using it at some point. I think it will certainly find a place in future videos if nothing else.

3 Likes

Set that up with an HDRI instead of a point light and itll look much better :+1:

2 Likes