Unable to install a worldmap node

You don't have to hide the 192.x.x.x.x ip addresses, as they are internal and cannot be (ab)used by others.

I would recommend a static IP address for your raspberry.

On your pi do:

ifconfig wlan0 | grep -i inet | grep -v inet6
ip route show | grep wlan0 | grep default

Note down the output.

Then:

sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf

Go to the bottom of that file, enter:

interface wlan0
static ip_address=<ip1>
static routers=<ip2>
static domain_name_servers=8.8.8.8

where:

• <ip1> is the first ip address from the ifconfig command (after inet)
  • <ip2> is the first ip address from the ip show route command (after default via) - this should be the ip of your router

Then press ctrl+x y to save and restart the Pi.

There shouldn't be a need to set a fixed ip, any more than there is on the PC, it should get its settings via DHCP. It seems the PC also cannot access 8.8.8.8

@morry239 are you able to access the internet from the PC?
Also you showed the traceroute from the PI ending with just one x, that is not what I would expect. Can you run it again and wait for the command prompt to come back and post it again please. Also do the same for
traceroute www.google.com
If you copy/paste from the terminal then use the </> button to paste it here so that the format is not messed up.

Oh no, that is not what I would expect either. I'm able to access the Internet from the PC, I even transfer/receive money via my current home connection without any inches. Obviously it doesn't work for the Pi and NR which is very annoying to me.

As instructed, I ran traceroute 8.8.8.8 for the Pi and the PC. It still looks the same old!

For traceroute www.google.com I saw these:

googlecmd

as stated before, windows uses tracert

The X when you ping or traceroute (which uses ping) from the pi means that your ISP is blocking ping from the pi, which is very strange. You hiding all the ip addresses is not helping to work out what is going wrong. Why have you been tracing to the router and to your isp? We still need a trace from the PC to 8.8.8.8 and www.google.com in order to see if the blocking is just the pi.

@Steve-Mcl @Colin
I didn't realise hiding my IP address does not help to work out what is going wrong, sorry! I'm still quite new to the Pi and NR.
I just ran tracert 8.8.8.8 ``traceroute www.google.com` to both the Pi and the Command prompt:

And for the cmd I saw:

I hope I did it right.

Yes, you did it perfectly. Something very odd is going on. If you look at the routes you will see that the trace from the pi has gone to a different server with your ISP than the one from the pc. Has your fritzbox got two connections to the internet? A cable connection and an ADSL connection for example?

Ohh I see! I'm not sure if my fritzbox has gotten two connections, but I know my flatmate next door uses a cable connection (ethernet) for his stuff . Seems to me like I'm sharing the fritz with +9 people. My flat is on the basement and if someone upstairs messes up the router there, our Internet here downstairs also gets affected.

Does this explain the odd traceroute? If so, would it help if I use the Pi in another location with another Internet or even with a mobile hotspot?

Is the pc on WiFi too? Are they both connected to the same hotspot? Anything might help, use the traceroute command to see if it is working. Once that works then you should be ok.
By the way, if you are using a shared internet connection then that may mean the others can access your devices and your pc, so you might want to look into that.

Yes, all our devices are on the same Internet. I just asked my flatmate and checked if he has the same connection issue as me. He doesn't.

I think I need to ask all my flatmates (+9 ppl) a favor to run through the traceroute on all their connected devices... As I need the worldmap on NR asap, it's easier for me to try another connection in another location (e.g. my friend's apartment).

If any of my flatmate could access to my Pi, could it be that s/he might have messed it up via the shared connection?

Back when you posted the wpa_supplicant file

which is the network you are using, the first or second?

They could mess up anything, particularly if you have left the default user name pi and if you have left it so you don't need to enter a password when you run sudo (which in my opinion is a major security issue with the default Raspbian install).

Just seen hawk-eye @zenofmud's post. I hadn't noticed the two network specs. Possibly you need to delete one of those.

[Edit] You might be more concerned about whether they can access your PC.

What I really am noticing is the first network has the disabled=1 option set and want to make sure that is not the network he is connecting to.

Aargh, I missed that too. I need a holiday.

@zenofmud @Colin
I see, I will be more careful about who might be monitoring my usage of the Internet as I am sharing the connection with a lot of people.

When I ran sudo cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf right now, I didn't get the disabled=1. But the problem still stays, I couldn't install the worldmap on NR.
keine verbindung
The bottom network is the one I'm behind right now. Shall I delete the other two networks?

If you need them for some other reason, I would just comment them out.

Did you modify the file and remove the disable=1 and then add in the other network?

If not, someone did and you may have been hacked.

Have you changed the pi user's password?

It isn't only them monitoring your usage. If they can access your PC then if they know what they are doing they may well be able to hack into it and access your data, and if they can install malware then even hack into your bank, for example. The best rule is don't share your internet connection.

On the wpa_supplicant file, if you did not enter those wifi passwords, either into the file or via the Raspbian wifi applet, then the question is who did?
With them all enabled then it might connect to any of them.

@zenofmud @Colin
I actually know who might have removed the disable=1 . I actually had a session with a technician who's also a Raspberry pi expert last night . He and I added a mobile hotspot (Redmi Note 9) to see if that could work for an alternative connection that help my NR work. Unfortunately, it didn't work out, the NR still does not install the world map.
I missed the disable=1 in my earlier screenshots from this thread, but I think the technician guy might have removed it (not sure about it 100%). I don't think I ever hacked or got my important personal information stolen over the shared connection, but I take your advice on this. Yes, I've had changed the pi user's password already before I experienced this problem with the worldmap