Update to 2.0.5 not fully completed?

I just updated Node-RED to version 2.0.5 (on Ubuntu) without any problems. Starting by hand shows that version 2.0.5 is running (see below)

What surprises me is that I still get version 1.3.4 displayed in the top right menu.
Likewise, in the palette for the "Node node-red" I get version 1.3.4 displayed. There is no update button.

Did I forget something during the update?

20 Aug 16:48:44 - [info] Node-RED version: v2.0.5
20 Aug 16:48:44 - [info] Node.js version: v14.15.4
20 Aug 16:48:44 - [info] Linux 5.4.0-80-generic x64 LE
20 Aug 16:48:44 - [info] Loading palette nodes
20 Aug 16:48:44 - [info] node-red-contrib-ccu version: 3.4.0

After each update I have to refresh at least one time to get the correct version in the editor. Have you tried that?

If you mean a browser refresh, yes. I also tried it from another PC (never called Node-RED before)

Yes, that's what I meant. I even do Ctrl + F5 to be sure but in your case it doesn't make sense because you did not run Node-RED in that browser.

OK, it is solved, but I don't know why :slightly_frowning_face:
Background: Some weeks ago I updated to an older 2.0.x version (from 1.3.4) an just checked, that everything is working.
After this I had several reboots
Now I updated to 2.0.5 (from 2.0.x) an noticed that the menue shows 1.3.4.
After a reboot (and again a browser refresh) it shows now 2.0.5

Are you sure the old version was not still running? You only showed the start of the node red startup. Perhaps it failed showing the port already in use.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.