Upgrade Node-RED

raspberry pi 4 8gb ram
Ubuntu 20.04

How to get the bit version? I don't think it is 32 bit by the way..

Ok. So what does. which node reply ?

Before I start the upgrade script:

tiby007@tiby007-desktop:~$ node -v
v10.19.0
tiby007@tiby007-desktop:~$ npm -v

After running this upgrade script

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

I get the following fault always:

Thatā€™s not what I asked ā€¦ type
which node
Tell us the respnse

I'm really trying to figure out which node response, but I don't know. How can I know that?

which node
its a command you have to type in the terminal
i was little confused also when i first read it in one sentence :innocent:

1 Like

ohh, I see now :smiley:

/usr/bin/node

Can Ubuntu 20.04 handle the newest Node-RED?

It should but since you are on a Raspberry Pi it would be better if you had Raspberry Pi OS
With Ubuntu, especially if its the 64bit, you may have some 'hiccups' with hardware compatibility (i could be wrong)

As it is now .. what do you get when you run

curl -fsSL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_14.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

command taken from Node.js Binary Distributions

1 Like

Yes. I have Node-RED running on Ubuntu 20.04 running in a VM on a Windows machine - so NOT on a Pi but the version of Linux is not the problem

What does this command show?
sudo apt policy nodejs
and paste the result from
sudo apt remove nodejs npm
and then run
sudo apt policy nodejs
again.

[Edit] Sorry, just realised I replied to @Buckskin, the question was meant for @tiby007

I have just remembered the main cause of a similar problem recently. In addition to the above what do you see if you run
sudo apt update

1 Like

I removed the SD card to check the type, then inserted back and it's damaged. Nothing can read it. It is even not recognised neither on my Rasberry or on my computer or on my girlfriend computer. Everything is gone -______-

BUT, I bought a new SD card, put the Rasberry OS on it and noticed, that it has a built in NODE-RED. At the first time it worked well, I could control my GPIO pins through Node-RED, but now it says, GPIO is not available. I feel it's another topic, so thank you all your effort! Unfortunatelly, we won't know why the UBUNTU didn't want to accept the upgrade of the Node-RED...

Use the install script from the node red docs to update it.

I did Colin! Opening another topic soon regarding GPIO control issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.