User Research on Node-RED

Wearing my Node-RED and FlowForge hats at the same time, I'm looking to do some user research in the community.

I'd like to learn more about how you use Node-RED, what you think we could be doing better as a project and community, and also what you see as being the important things for us to focus on.

It's also a chance to just meet with more of you and put faces to names.

I will be reaching out to some of the community more directly, but I wanted to post this more widely and invite anyone who would be willing to get on a call for 30 - 60 minutes to chat about Node-RED.

If you are interested, then please do DM me here (no need to reply publicly), or message me on slack.

3 Likes

My endeavors aren’t quite ready for prime-time; but I am putting Node-RED through its paces and bending it in some pretty unique ways. Would be glade to share and it’s all FOSS; just haven’t gone public yet. Happy to show you an exclusive anytime. :slight_smile:

I met nod-red 25 days ago and fell in love with it from the start.

I met him because I'm developing something with IOT and MQTT and I saw some of his content on the internet (I went to find out and I really liked it).

I'm still learning to use node-red and my source programming language is not Javascript.

Even so, I'm developing an application for a client and I hope to be successful, I'm already in the final stretch of building the application.

The points I liked most about node-red are:

1. The fact that it's free of course, that's really good.
  2. The different palettes that exist with ready-made nodes that solve real problems
  3. The main thing is clear: The fact that you program very little and can visually see those flows. This is too beautiful... The brain works perfectly that way.
  4. The forum is very active and has good support in the community, I feel very safe with that.

I confess that I'm still a little afraid of putting this application to run "100%" and it crashes and/or unexpected problems happen. But it's worth the risk. Because the development is very fast.

I am fully available for a call and/or interview even more from the Creator of NODE-RED

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.