Web-push for local use?

I agree Colin, but I installed the two "versions" of it. (Or sorry the one version which gives two nodes) and I still can't find this "VAPID" node.

In the "GROWLY" node/s I got they had a GROWLY-CONFIG node (similar to the VAPID one in web-push) and I found the GROWLY-CONFIG node.....

So finding that (from GROWLY) I should/would think that the VAPID-CONFIG node would be in that part of NR. Search it: not found.

So really I don't know where to go to learn more. If the package isn't all there, there is another problem beyond my skill set.

Setting up e-mails (or to maybe call it from my perspective: real world dependence) just isn't good.

I want these things to be self standing.

I did a google search and came up with this [1] which explains a lot. The push nodes only handle the actual sending of notifications, you need to setup the rest of the infrastructure yourself, as is explained in the link.
[1] https://github.com/Xzya/node-red-contrib-push/issues/2

I think if you want a local messaging solution then look at XMPP - plenty of Docker Containers (i.e. easy as to setup) with XMPP servers for your Local Lan - and then hook any XMPP clients into it that you want - there are node-red XMPP nodes available for sending and receiving messages

Craig

Hi there,

I am creating a real-time chat application based on node-red and much work have been done. The next step I thought to add is browser notifications and thoroughly searching on google I reached here. Can anyone tell if there is any new update or how can I implement this functionality.
@craigcurtin @Colin @Trying_to_learn @janvda

Thanks
Hc