Web-worldmap is not functioning even when I load a simple example

Hi there,

I was very new to Node-red and I was exploring how to get started on the web-worldmap nodes. So I tried to import some examples to help me get started and surprisingly, when I deploy the flo and click inject (and the message of successfully injection comes out), I press ctrl + shift + m to jump over to the worldmap and....nothing that was passed to msg.payload shows up!

My example is as simple as below

[{"id":"7ccc3454.0495cc","type":"function","z":"7a91ddd3.5c5b04","name":"Add person to map","func":"var thing = {\n    name:\"Jason Isaacs\", \n    lat:51, \n    lon:-1.45,\n    icon:\"car\",\n    iconColor:\"darkred\",\n    extrainfo:\"Hello to Jason Isaacs\"\n};\nmsg.payload = thing;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","x":420,"y":260,"wires":[["c28f2b07.01d088"]]}]

And attached is the worldmap image that I'm seeing after deployment.

I'd grealy appreciate if anyone can shed some light!

Owen

The map doesn’t save any data so when you load the page it will be empty. Instead open it in another browser tab so it is already loaded before you press inject.

Hi @dceejay,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Yes indeed, when I clicked deploy, I started a new tab and go to localhost:1880/worldmap, and yet, I'm not seeing the set-up that I have made in the payload...

I further checked that my versions for worldmap should be most updated (since I just use Palette to install it yesterday)..

Am I using worldmap in a wrong way ?

Thanks

Try this very simple version

[{"id":"7ccc3454.0495cc","type":"function","z":"e9b4dddd.70115","name":"Add person to map","func":"var thing = {\n    name:\"Jason Isaacs\", \n    lat:51, \n    lon:-1.45,\n    icon:\"car\",\n    iconColor:\"darkred\",\n    extrainfo:\"Hello to Jason Isaacs\"\n};\nmsg.payload = thing;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","x":350,"y":1080,"wires":[["672cd862.cdd358"]]},{"id":"65076878.86d028","type":"inject","z":"e9b4dddd.70115","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"4","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":160,"y":1080,"wires":[["7ccc3454.0495cc"]]},{"id":"672cd862.cdd358","type":"worldmap","z":"e9b4dddd.70115","name":"","lat":"","lon":"","zoom":"10","layer":"","cluster":"","maxage":"","usermenu":"show","layers":"show","panit":"true","panlock":"false","zoomlock":"false","hiderightclick":"false","coords":"none","showgrid":"false","path":"/worldmap","x":580,"y":1080,"wires":[]}]

Thanks a lot dceejay!! my worldmap now correcly displays something!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.