Windows 10 - Upgrade unable to via CMD

Hi,

Trying to upgrade Node -red on my Windows 10 PC.

I am using CDM and not powershell and as the directory is C:\Program Files\nodejs

Error from Powershell, I think it is due the the space in the directory structure "Program Files"
PS C:> cd /Program Files
Set-Location : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Files'.
At line:1 char:1
+ cd /Program Files
*+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

• CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:slight_smile: [Set-Location], ParameterBindingException*
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand*

If I run in CMD I get the following:

C:\Program Files\nodejs>npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
C:\Users\Johan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node-red-pi -> C:\Users\Johan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\bin\node-red-pi
C:\Users\Johan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node-red -> C:\Users\Johan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red.js

> bcrypt@3.0.6 install C:\Users\Johan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\bcrypt
> node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp WARN Using request for node-pre-gyp https download
[bcrypt] Success: "C:\Users\Johan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\bcrypt\lib\binding\bcrypt_lib.node" is installed via remote
+ node-red@1.0.4
added 331 packages in 174.52s

C:\Program Files\nodejs>node --version && npm --version
v8.11.2

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

use quotes for path with space in them

You install looks to have worked - have you tried running node-red and checking the version number on start up (or in the hamburger menu)

EDIT: also, for understanding sake, npm -g means install globally (i.e. no need to CD into program files)

Thank you for you assistance

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.