Zigbee shield on RPI

Hi.
I like to control some zigbe units. And for this I have this Shield ZB-Shield - popp.eu
But every tutorials I found is burning an image on SD card. But I already ave a lot on the SD card i need. So cant I just install it from the desktop and get in contol with the zigbee units????
I really hope someone likes to help me out.
This is the Zigbee dimmer i like to control

The Home Assistant tutorial for using the shield seems to have most of the information that you would need to get it going with node-red, so I would suggest starting with that.

However, what advantage do you see using the shield rather than something like the Sonoff zigbee coordinator? That device is very simple to use with a Pi. Don't go for the earlier versions of the device, which uses a different chipset which was not nearly as good.

I am using Zigbee2MQTT together with one of the supported and also suggested adapters:

This USB stick works very good with 34 devices throughout the house.

The CC2652 chipset with the external aerial is also the one used in the link I posted. Some earlier devices used the CC2531 which was cheaper, but did not work as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.