Access dashboard individual tabs from browser's address bar

Hello,

[info] Node-RED version: v1.0.4
[info] Node.js version: v10.15.3
[info] Windows_NT 10.0.17763 x64 LE
[info] Dashboard version 2.19.4 started at /ui

Node-red-dashboard is a fantastic tool to quickly develop GUIs.

I want to use the GUI pages created with node-red-dashboard to include them in an application developed in Angular.

So I need to be able to access each of the tabs on my dashboard from the IP address of each tab.

Before, when I wanted to access the first tab, I had to type :

Some time ago, maybe two years ago, it worked and took me straight to the first tab. But now it does not seem to work anymore. Instead, the addresse is reformated to something like :

Then I have to press enter one more time to access the tab. When I finally reach the tab, the address seems to be reformated once again to something like :

This manual workflow is impossible to implement in our application.

Do you know a trick that would allow me to access the individual tabs like I did before ?

Thanks

1 Like

To reinforce @bertg's post... I had the same difficulties a few days ago whilst saving a dashboard tab as an android 'app' on my phone.
Usual way is to load up the tab in the browser, and then save it to desktop, which places the shortcut icon on the phone's desktop & thereby enables the tab to open full screen.
If I then inspect the url of the shortcut, it is similar to the screenshot above ...../ui/#!/0?socketid=hewAs54iwehy77 and doesn't always then open the correct tab.

Android doesn't allow the shortcut to be manually edited :rage:

Anybody can help please?

Although it doesn't solve your issue, I've found another post where @afelix gives a good explanation why the url takes that format, and why it really cannot be changed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.