Alexa "Echo Node" how to input a device name or SerialNumber, to get information about the device

Hi,
I want to send a Message to the Alexa-Echo-Node, with a deviceName to information about the device.
I tried payload,device,deviceName,name,id ... and others.

AlexaEcho:

This is working well, but I want to change the device or deviceID, this is not working dynamically

:o( can anybody help?

This is the picture I can't publish in the first post

You can input the name or id of the echo using any msg property you wish. In this example I have use msg.payload
e.g.

[{"id":"d4e55e1616b67743","type":"inject","z":"b9860b4b9de8c8da","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"G056756df430C6","payloadType":"str","x":160,"y":3060,"wires":[["7e86a25a34159dd7"]]},{"id":"d0bf7757ada5ae32","type":"inject","z":"b9860b4b9de8c8da","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"Lounge","payloadType":"str","x":150,"y":3020,"wires":[["7e86a25a34159dd7"]]},{"id":"7e86a25a34159dd7","type":"alexa-remote-echo","z":"b9860b4b9de8c8da","name":"","account":"c8738129.d902c","config":{"option":"get","value":{"what":"bluetooth","device":{"type":"msg","value":"payload"}}},"x":390,"y":3020,"wires":[["ed8a158fd90c551c"]]},{"id":"ed8a158fd90c551c","type":"debug","z":"b9860b4b9de8c8da","name":"debug 324","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":490,"y":3100,"wires":[]},{"id":"c8738129.d902c","type":"alexa-remote-account","name":"alexa remote 2","authMethod":"proxy","proxyOwnIp":"localhost","proxyPort":"3456","cookieFile":"","refreshInterval":"14","alexaServiceHost":"layla.amazon.co.uk","amazonPage":"amazon.co.uk","acceptLanguage":"en-GB","onKeywordInLanguage":"","userAgent":"","useWsMqtt":"on","autoInit":"off"}]

I use a technique just like @E1cid to capture a response from Alexa and use that to direct the resultant message to the appropriate Alexa device.

capture_response_C

I have a flow that is triggered every morning at 7:00am that goes and gets the weather forecast for my town, then sends it to the Alexa in my Back Bedroom.

During the day I can utter the words... "Alexa, give me a weather report". To which she reponds (using BluePrints) - "OK - please wait while I check the piece of sea weed". I trap this response and pick-up the name of the device that was used in this discourse. In this example it was... "Device_name is Study" which is copied into msg.destination. As you can see this part of the message is used in the "Alexa_Routine" node to route the response to the appropriate Alexa device.

1 Like

Crazy, thank you very much. It takes a while to find the msg.payload option in the node. I was blind, because, if you have selected a device in drop down combobox, the msg option is no longer visible, after I select the list button on right, and select the serialnumber of the device, I was able to select the msg.payload.

Thank you very much,

Did anyone notice the same? Alexa device listening node is no longer working. :roll_eyes: The authors of this node are aware of the problem

This is the thread for the recent issue - not this one :slight_smile: