Alexa-remote2 not supplying all requests reliably and other issues with it

1 Tplink vr400 router

wired - all pc, android boxes(1 running node-red and openluup on debian VM), veraplus (z-wave and zigbee)

wifi 3 dots, 4 phones and 2tabs 1 tv(all others use android boxes, printer.

2 wifi access points ( one ethernet and one wifi bridged) with all other smart devices about 20

I do not run 5g wifi as do not feel the need for it.

1 Like

Well (touch wood) its been totally reliable for the past few days :slight_smile:

And I MAY have found a reason!

One of my Pi occasionally drops off my network and needs rebooting but recently this has become more and more frequent and a few days ago - I unplugged it and brought it back to computer room to investigate it a bit closer.

I haven't got round to doing it - but ever since I removed it from the network - I've had no problems with the remote2 node :slight_smile:

So, COULD be a big co-incidence but I won't know until I get the dodgy PiZero setup on its own monitor (need to find a mini-HDMI adaptor)

1 Like

Just a thought, some routers is defaulted to handle 32 wireless devices (setable to more), so may be worth a check. I came across that as sometimes some devices drop for no reasons.

1 Like

Googling suggests mine can do 64 - but theory and practice can of course not match in reality :slight_smile:

You be surprise how quickly devices addup or the extra phones or tablets, especially when your daughter's friends visiting n join your network!

Yep - eldest move back in on Friday - that's 2 iphones, 1 apple watch and 1 laptop (and another one streaming Netflix!) :slight_smile:

Current status
All requests being received from into Node-RED reliably since last post.

The not speaking issue

continues.

It repeatably happens after I stop/restart Node-RED (say after updating a contrib node)

Then - no speak requests come out of my dots (no errors show up - debugging looks fine - just no speech is read out)

However, if I then stop/restart Node-RED again - it starts working again

Hi Simon, I had this yesterday after restarting node red. I tried opening the Alexa account node and pressing "update" and it worked again! Not a very stable node regarding restarts!

1 Like

Hallejluhah that its not just me :slight_smile:

I'll try that out next time it hiccups as it would be muich less disruptive than stopping/restarting Node-Red again

It stopped speaking again today and I did your technique of opening up account info and pressing update then deploy and it started speaking again

So at least I avoid restarting Node-RED

1 Like

My node not speaking sometimes also, all I did was just to redeploy nr and it works again, hope a new release will fix reliability problem.
On this note, for short term fix, is there a node I can use to redeploy nr with a flow? Then I can redeploy nr at regular intervals depending on reliability.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.