Alexa-remote2 not supplying all requests reliably and other issues with it

reinstall on other phone
Goto layla.amazon.co.uk on your pc, and look there

I tried out layla with working phone - it doesn't reliably pick up phrases all the time (even though remote2 is picking them up fine) - re-installed app on another phone - neither layla or remote2 picking anything up from that one - but all other Alexa type functions are work fine and hardilll skill is picking up commands fine and sending them to NodeRED

At least it still works on one of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hardill is creating devices, remote2 does not, it is listening to and sending to the alexa api.

1 Like

And tonight's continuning saga is that Alexa has stopped speaking when I send custom commands to the Alexa Routine node :frowning:

Not changed anything (honest) and all working last night when I used it for my door locking stuff - tonight neither my main LivingRoom Dot nor my working android phone will speak :frowning:
Object looks fine (same as yesterday) - node reports sucess - just no sound comes out at all :frowning:

I'm not very lucky with this set of nodes.....

Not sure but should devices[0] be the the name of the echos or the id.

Well I'm supplying it the name of the echo I want to speak

"My Device" is the name the node thinks my phone is called -makes no sense to me but its worked up until tonight and I noticed it not working when I was using my real Dot's earlier

If I go back to livingroom and try it - same result (Just with LivingRoomDot in the array instead of My Device)

The node is signally success - just no sound is heard

debug the output of the routine custom node.

Also try a test flow set the node manually.
Export the test flow, post it so i can run it.

Since my last post - I decided to switch node-red off and on and its back working again :slight_smile:

When (if) it happens again - I'll try and see if any error crops up in the logs

But as I said - these nodes aren't reliable for me :frowning:

They are rock solid here, may be the device you run it on is causing the issue? Or may be network issues.

Back in the early days of this thread - I switched to using a Pi instead of my WIn10PC to run the nodes on - made no diff - so not hardware issue.

No -idea about network issues - but everything else works inc (as your know) 100% @hardillb device method.

Why all my Alexa Dots (and my phone) stopped speaking is a mystery at the moment

And tonight its failed again :frowning:
This time , turning Node-RED off and on again hasn't kicked it back to speaking :frowning:

I feel the pain.

Saying that mine is still rock solid, it has to be a network issue, is the device running node-red wifi or ethernet? Try rebouting router

I haven't switched router off/on this morning (as daughter watching stuff on Netflix / on laptop so grief not worth it!) but switching Node-RED off/on, force refresh of browser and sacrificing a small animal has brought it back to life again.

JFI My Win10 PC (which flow is running on) is hard-wired to router

Do you have a lot of wifi devices, i.e smart switches, echos etc?

zillions :slight_smile:

All the usual home stuff - skybox,blueray,firestick - 3 smart Tvs, two chromecasts - 1 ipad, 6 phones, about 10 Pi connected at any one time - prob about 4 ESP devices, printer, iphone watchs

I don't think the Fridge is on the net though....... :slight_smile:

1 router and 2 access points

Plus 3 Alexa Dots

Is the router a standard isp supplied router?
have you got you dots on their own access point or direct to router?
do you bind mac addresses to ip's?

1. Yes - Sky broadband UK
  2. Don't understand "dots on their own access point"??? I have two Unfi APs as well - one wired to router - other one wirelessly slaved off the first
  3. I do have some devices with reserved IPs but only about 30% (none of my devices have had a different IP for years - their DHCP IP addresses have survived many a router reboot)
  1. dump it and purchase a decent router, with tht amount of devices i would expect trouble.

2. dedicate the router wifi for dots and mobile phone and other important devices, i would bind there ip's

3. use other wifi access points for all other wifi devices, you can bind if you wish

4. if possible set your access points to different wifi channels to reduce radio interference.

This will give your dots and phones a better connection and will be less likely to have wifi issues

Ok :slight_smile:
What's your home setup BTW?