Anyone using cec-client via exec node, seen segmentation faults?

Just to set the expectation, this is not a ding against the exec node or NR, but I have had a couple of flows that drive cec-client commands for 2 months or so working fine, in fact some of the very first NR flows I did, learned by doing stuff, and they have been stable and consistent, and just in the last 2 or 3 days, I am seeing segmentation fault errors, and if watch the cec monitor, I see unhandled exceptions from the libCEC library. I was using libCEC 4.0.4, so I compiled 6.0.2? if memory serves, and still get the errors. It seem to happen most of the time on a simple power on command.

Command failed:  /bin/echo on 0 | /usr/bin/cec-client -s -d 1
/bin/bash: line 1: 13627 Done                    /bin/echo on 0
     13628 Segmentation fault      | /usr/bin/cec-client -s -d 1

Again, just asking if anyone that uses cec has seen this, and may have some insight on it. I wrapped a retry loop around the exec node, so that it tries a failed command a few times before giving up, this has got things working, but really is a ugly hack, band-aid, wish to avoid. There is an open issue similar to this from back in 2019, for 4.0.4, and they recommended going to 6.x library, but the issue was never closed, so wonder if they resolved it completely. The libCEC 6.x library is fairly current, so hope this gets addressed soon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.