Aquarium Controller - Raspberry PI 4B Node-RED, Atlas-Scientific i2c Devices, NCD i2c Relay Board

yeah, i've been planning on putting together basic flows for download so that folks can configure, calibrate, and use these Atlas-Sci sensors and circuits with no worries. Still working on the EZO Dosing pumps..

The dosing pumps would be a nice addition.
But as long as the Ph and EC is working I'm where I need to be :sunglasses:

Using analoge sensors for the moment, and realized the Atlas ones were i2c/uart :see_no_evil:

Atlas-Sci does produce a line of analog transmitters for their probes called 'Gravity'.

However, the i2c is no issue with Node-Red. The only issue might be isolation... are you using them with a Whiteboxlabs Tentacle shield or the Isolated Carrier Boards?

If you are considering the Whitebox Labs Tentacle T3 shield to use with a Raspberry Pi..... be mindful that a version 2 board is soon to be released (a matter of 2+ weeks or so) that adds a few nice extras (better integration of the EZO Flow circuit and daisy chaining of the i2c bus). If those aren't important to you, the existing Tentacle T3 is very good (I use two of them stacked for this project)....

I have seen the analoge sensors, but the EC sensor doesn't come in a gravity variety.

Also, I'm kind of forced over to i2c/uart because of isolation, as the Ph sensor I used (cheap Chinese) made me aware of a ground loop I had (which killed of my Ph probe).
The TDS sensor I use can deal with the ground loop, but it is really just an indicator as it doesn't measure true EC, but purely conductivity.

In regards to using a hat, I looked at the tentacle shield but were uncertain as to which gpio it uses and if I could use the other gpio's independent of it?
Mainly the idea was to use the gen2 carrier boards.

Today im using hassio on PI, with sensors and relays going through a Firmata arduino uno.
I'm hoping to cut out the Uno as it's been the only source of errors this far.

I don't suppose your flow would work with Node-red on hassio, but I can live without it as I mainly use hassio for logging and remote connection, all the programming goes through Node-red.
While running node-red on raspbian would allow me to use the same PI for interfacing, so there's give and take with both options.

The Tentacle T-3 isn't really a true shield... it just routes a few pins (power, ground, i2c) to the appropriate headers for the EZO circuit/stamps.

My flows have nothing that is PI unique except for the 'System Tab' that shows hardware status (temp, memory, ipaddress, etc..).

Regarding EC... I am not taking all 3 available measurements from probe... Just Conductivity, but not Salinity, nor TDS. Likewise on FLO, I just take a simple instantaneous FLO, but at the moment I am not totalizing. That's just becuase I have done any serioius parsing of the return string from the EZO devices to seperate out distinct variables. I need to get on that.

My primary flow is in a little bit of disarray at the moment as I'm changing things around... However, the reading/writing of the EZO devices has not changed, so you can glean that...AtlasScientificNCDDeviceFlows.json (105.3 KB)