Cannot access node red from smartphone

well thx to every one for his help
but seriously i need a quik solution to solve this ?
Qst : i want to acces dashbord from mobile thats it

That is just it... if your phone is using local WIFI you are good usually. But if you are trying to use CELL connectivity external to your local network, that is a completely different issue. Remember your phone uses TWO different technologies. Usually WIFI when at home or near any WIFI network you have access to. But using CELL when not near usable WIFI. If you are trying to use CELL connectivity to get to your local network node-red device? That is very much a different animal. This why the question was asked early on in the thread. I cannot connect to my node-red via CELL connectivity because me node-red device is not visible on the (public) internet. I can only connect to my node-red device via my WIFI.

i used a network scanner up and itshows only ips devises that connecting to the network

Did you use the scanner from your phone?

all my machines (phone+myPC + another pc) are connected to tha some router ...
when iput ip adresse pf my machine:1880/ui nothing shows even i can not reach that adresse ... what ihave to do with simple and quik mĂŠthode pls

until we work out the issue there can be no fix.

i ask again have you done the network scan from your phone?

But that IP:1880/ui works from any PC you have, right? That suggests your phone when using WIFI has some type of filtering enabled. Is this a private phone, yours, or business corporate device? I had a business provided cell that had all kinds of limitations on it by design.

Does it work from the second PC if you just use ip:1880? Then you should get the editor.

This topic is being de-railed rapidly, with questions asked that really don't matter yet for answering/solving it. If all the others could please slow down a bit, until the important ones have been answered :slight_smile:

Can you answer one of my above questions first:

What is the address you're trying to connect to from your phone/other pc? Can you type out/paste in the full address you're trying to connect to, and what does your phone/other pc say when it fails to open that page?

this adresse 192.168.1.28:1880/ui

What OS is your node red running on? Linux, Windows?

Well i fix the issue, i enabled the port 1880 in my firewall and it work fine.
So grateful guys :handshake:

1 Like

Nice. I did notice one quirk as well, a generic issue not one related to node red. If you phone does not use your local DNS, per your local WIFI network configuration, it may not resolve local names correctly. Sometimes my phone honors my local DNS sometimes it does not. Hence, when I use IP addresses it always works. But when I use FQDN, success depends on which DNS servers are leveraged. I downloaded an app for my phone that lets me toggle DNS as needed, that solved this odd issue that would sometimes occur. Really once the phone gets a DHCP address from the local network it should always use the local DNS, but clearly some apps do not honor this. Google app always uses Google DNS for example. No surprise I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.