Clear flows and dashboards

Hello, We have several node-red flows with Dashboards. How can you clear all the flows and all the dashboards that bellong to those flows? Or Is it possible to clear every thing ( flow,dashboard,vars,..)?
thanks

Do you mean you want to start NR with nothing in the editor (which would mean there would be nothing in the editor)

First I would suggest backing up our current flows - just in case. From the hamburger menu select EXPORT and select the all flow and then press the download button.

Once you have done that, you can double click on each tab and then press the delete button (make sure to add an empty tab) and press deploy and your flows will be gone.

If you really want to go back to an empty system then you can just delete the flows file and restart node-red. It will create a new empty one for you. Make sure you have it backed up unless you are really sure you want to throw it s away. You can find the flows file by looking in the node-red startup log.

That won't delete config nodes will it? You would have to go into the configuration nodes menu and delete them all.

True, I was trying to make it simple for @pfe but you are right that the config nodes will still be there :flushed:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@pfe - what version of NR are you running?

Thanks for replying..The version I use.

31 Jul 11:25:01 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.1.2

31 Jul 11:25:01 - [info] Node.js version: v12.18.1

31 Jul 11:25:01 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.17763 x64 LE

31 Jul 11:25:11 - [info] Loading palette nodes

Best regards I Freundliche Grüsse

Patrick Frey

Are you running with 'projects' enabled?
how do you go from 'Flow to flow'?
Can you provide a screen shot of what you are trying to remove?

Not sure why a screenshot is needed.

If the question is how to remove everything and get back to a clear start the options are either:

1. manually delete everything in the editor, include the config node sidebar and deploy,
  2. delete the flows file and restart Node-RED
  3. do an HTTP POST to /flows with [] as the payload (which is what the editor would do when you click the deploy button with option 1. You'd still need to reload the editor to pickup the change.

Are you running with 'projects' enabled?

I don’t know what this option is.. how to enable this..

how do you go from 'Flow to flow'?

I click on the tabs with ctl key pressed to select them and press del key..this operation takes sometimes 20secs..

Can you provide a screen shot of what you are trying to remove?

When I have cleared all the tab and the nodes I want to remove , I load an another project with import flow ..

I can provide you a screen shot but It will not bring something..

Patrick Frey

Hi @pfe

if this is about having an easy way to switch between different sets of flows you are working on, then you should take a look at the projects feature - https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/projects/

Another thing you can do, if you don't want to use the projects feature, is start NR from a terminal window and use node-red my-flow.json or node-red test2.flow which will create seperate flows.

If you want to get rid of one of them, stop NR, go to the .node-red folder and remove the my-flow.json and my-flow_cred.json files. (or what ever you named them)

Ok and for the unused configuration node ? I there a way to get rid of them?

I had this morning 1440 unused configuration nodes. !

Patrick Frey

If you go to the configureation tab in the sidebar and click on one of the unused nodes then do a select all (ctrl-a) you can delete them all at the same time.

Ok I made this trick but chrome has stopped .. I was waiting 2 minutes,,

Patrick Frey