Deconz zigbee install problems

I am able to get Node-Red to recognize the module, but it is only when the deCONZ application is running and it identifies it as Configuration tool 1 and does not identify any of the devices.

I am running on a Raspberry Pi 4. I have installed the deCONZ application which appears to be working. I have also installed the deCONZ NPM package.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Michael

Hi Michael, welcome to the forums. Can you explain how you've set up Deconz within Node-RED? I'm running a conbee II from a pi 3, with deCONZ in docker on the same device. Next, I use the node-red-contrib-deconz node to connect to that deCONZ server. Can you show a list of your devices (screenshot works fine) as they are set up in the deconz application? I'm quite curious to see what's going on here :slight_smile:

HI,
Thanks for the response.

I have eventually been able to get it to work. The first thing I did not realize is that I had to use the deCONZ tool to add the devices. Once I added the devices through the tool, I was able to see them and program them in NODE-RED.

The other thing that surprised and confused me is that I need to have the deCONZ tool running in the Raspberry pi for NODE-RED to see the gateway. Is this the case or is there some other driver that I can load to make it work without the deCONZ application running.

Regards
Michael

The deCONZ nodes do nothing but communicate with the deCONZ application. See those nodes as a communication wrapper on top of the application, to allow you to use it from Node-RED. So, for that communication to work, the application needs to run, otherwise it has nothing to communicate with.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.