Deprecated API warning - Can't Identify Source

Greetings...

I just updated my Node-Red Addon in Home Assistant to 14.5.0 (Latest update prompt as of 10/2/23). The change log states: "Ships with Node-RED v3.1". I am now getting an error that I can't seem to identify the source. Perhaps I'm glossing over it, but the error message doesn't point to a Node name/ID.

The error references Node-Red 4.0, which I find interesting because both the Home Assistant Addon and the Node-Red hamburger dropdown in the right hand corner both state version 3.1. So I don't quite understand the Deprecated API reference to v4.0.

The error does reference node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket. If this is related to the Home Assistant Websocket, what is the reference to the deprecated API in v4.0 requiring a CallBack when I'm not running 4.0 but rather v3.1?

Thank you all very much

td

"Deprecated API warning: Calls to 
RED.util.evaluateJSONataExpression 
must include a callback. This will 
not be optional in Node-RED 4.0. 
Please identify the node from the following 
stack and check for an update on npm. 
If none is available, please notify the node author."
Error: 
    at Object.evaluateJSONataExpression (/opt/node_modules/@node-red/util/lib/util.js:775:18)
    at JSONataService.evaluate (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/common/services/JSONataService.js:58:39)
    at TypedInputService.getValue (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/common/services/TypedInputService.js:58:85)
    at EventsAll.getTypedInputValue (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/nodes/BaseNode.js:134:39)
    at /opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/nodes/BaseNode.js:138:32
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at EventsAll.setCustomOutputs (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/nodes/BaseNode.js:137:20)
    at EventsAll.onHaEventsAll (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/nodes/events-all/controller.js:57:18)
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/di...

It is a warning and clearly states, as of node red 4.0 RED.util.evaluateJSONataExpression will require a callback.

You can ignore it till node-red 4 is released, as of then if HA has not updated the node to use async with a call back your HA nodes that use the RED.util function will stop working.

If I was you I would raise this with the HA node Athor/s.

There are several threads: Search results for 'Deprecated evaluateJSONataExpression ' - Node-RED Forum

As far as I know, HA have been informed.

Quick search on google for "HA depreciated evaluateJSONataExpression" reveals:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.