Flows stopped due to missing node types. serial-port

I have node-red running on 1.0 without any issues. After installing version 1.02 I get a fault with the serial-node. Flows stopped due to missing node types. serial-port. This pops up even with a fresh installation and no flows (empty canvas) is this a known issue?

18 Oct 20:04:30 - [info] - node-red-node-serialport:serial in : Error: Module did not self-register.
18 Oct 20:04:30 - [info] - node-red-node-serialport:serial out : Error: Module did not self-register.
18 Oct 20:04:30 - [info] - node-red-node-serialport:serial request : Error: Module did not self-register.
18 Oct 20:04:30 - [info] - node-red-node-serialport:serial-port : Error: Module did not self-register.

no. Which platform / os are you using ? How did you upgrade ? - Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the serialport node ?

Did you just upgrade node-red or did you also upgrade nodejs?

Yes, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling same problem. I am running Ubuntu on proxmox. Version 1.0 doesn't give any problems

Yeah but did you upgrade nodejs too like @Colin asked?

I'm pretty certain the serial port code will need recompiling if you did.

@dceejay and @Steve-Mcl thanks for the tips. That did it, everything is updated.

thanks!