Getting some glitches in the editor

I've noticed a few times over past few days (Probably about 5 times now) that I'm getting the "grayed out" effect (that you get when editing a node for instance) but not when editing

The only way of clearing seems to be doing a browser refresh as not buttons are active or anything

I'm going to try and pay more attention as to when it happens (just happened now on my Pi4 using /browser on same Pi4)

Just putting it out there in case its not just me

Always worth checking the browser's JavaScript console for any error messages when you see odd things in the editor.

1 Like

I have also experienced this, just set up a new raspberry pi4, when I import a flow from another pi that has a unknown node, and then go to manage palette and install the node , I get the gray screen when the node has been installed, the only thing I can do is reload the screen but as the flow has not been saved I have to import the flow again, obviously this time the node is 'not' unknown because I installed it so everything works.

The big issue is when you have several unknown nodes like the first flow i installed there were 7 unknown nodes so I had to re import the flow 7 times each time installing a further node until they were all there.

I don't know if the following is of any use

500vendor.js:246 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttributeNS' of null
at Array.Ma.attr (vendor.js:246)
at SVGGElement. (red.min.js:16)
at vendor.js:246
at Tn (vendor.js:244)
at Array.Ma.each (vendor.js:246)
at Ue (red.min.js:16)
at Object.redraw (red.min.js:16)
at Array. (red.min.js:16)
at WebSocket.a.onmessage (red.min.js:16)
2178Error: attribute transform: Expected number, "translate(NaN,NaN)".
500vendor.js:246 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttributeNS' of null
vendor.js:246 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttributeNS' of null
Ma.attr @ vendor.js:246
(anonymous) @ red.min.js:16
(anonymous) @ vendor.js:246
Tn @ vendor.js:244
Ma.each @ vendor.js:246
Ue @ red.min.js:16
redraw @ red.min.js:16
(anonymous) @ red.min.js:16
a.onmessage @ red.min.js:16
2807 log entries are not shown.
588vendor.js:246 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttributeNS' of null

That was exactly what happened with me on this occasion
(Only diff was I was importing a flow from the forum that had a dashboard node in it and I didn't have dashboard installed)

And now I come to remember that it has previously happened when I was importing from Win10 instance to my Pi4 - it had the counter node on original but not on Pi 4 so had to install it

What browser?

Chromium on my Pi4

I've hit a similar thing importing a flow but not having a contrib node. Go to the palette and install it and the screen goes grey. I'll see if I can reprocude it.
This is on macOD with Safari.

For me windows10 with google chrome