[SOLVED] Help needed migrating node-red to docker

Hello. I would like to migrate my node-red to a docker container. I have installed some nodes using npm and I would like to move them too into the container. Could someone please help me?

This may help you: Running under Docker : Node-RED
Also: Docker - FlexDash - just ignore the flexdash specific stuff...

I would like to move them too into the container

Note that containers should be considered immutable, if you have variable data, store it in a volume as the links from @tve show.

Are you sure you want to do that? Only do it if you have a good reason, as it does cause complications.

@bakman2 yes I know, I've already created a folder bound to the dockerized node-red.

@Colin Which kind of complications? I don't use node-red for lot of stuff, I made a pair of flows that "translate" tuya messages in MQTT for a better integration of some of my devices in Home Assistant.

I've already moved 99% of my flows on the dockerized node-red but I need find a way to bring back the 2FA. I shared my work here but I don't know how install passport-google-oauth20. in my external volume.
I've accessed the node-red bash and launched

npm install passport-google-oauth20

but i don't see new modules added in my /home/me/node-red-docker/ folder. Could you help me please?

Hello. I would like to migrate my node-red to a docker container. I have installed some nodes using npm and I would like to move them too into ... I thought I'd try nodered docker container for once as I used (really just used) some other Docker containers recently. Getting the Node-Red v1. This container can be extended to add the required prerequisites for your projects. For example to add the required libraries for the node -red -contrib-machine- ... A node is **an instance of the Docker engine participating 192.168.l.254 in the swarm . You can also think of this as a Docker node. You can run one or more nodes on a single physical computer or cloud server, but production swarm deployments typically include Docker nodes distributed across multiple physical and cloud machines.

The sort you are having now, apparently.

1 Like

You're absolutely right :slight_smile:

Solved! It was a stupid, stupid detail. I've added in package.js the line "passport-google-oauth20": "~2.0.0" , now I'm able again to log in withmy google ccredentials :slight_smile:
Thanks to you all!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.