[HELP wanted] A Linear Level Indicator

It's for community for sure and the standard I try to follow here is to give same or similar experiences as the root system offers.

:wink:

2 Likes

Those other nodes are "inputs" in that the user can provide an input from the ui - so the node needs an output wire. If the level gauge was like a slider then I'd agree with you... but as it is only a visual output then it's an output.

Luckily due to the wiring capability of Node-RED you can easily pass data from the node before one node to another beyond it just by adding a second wire from first node... to whatever onward path you like :slight_smile:

Hi hotNipi, we really like your ui-level horizontal gauge, but we are finding that it only seems to work with the Chrome browser - not Firefox or IE. Have you ever run into this problem?

Thanks for some excellent work, AB

Just tested with Firefox 82.0 Desktop on Windows 10. Works as expected.
Known that IE 11 is not supported. Latest Edge works as expected.

Please add information about the platform and versions.

Hi, thank you for looking into this. It is mostly Firefox that we are concerned about. I have attached a screen capture from our Android tablet, showing how we display our BLE soil moisture sensors at GrowerNode.com:

Any time the screen is refreshed the bar graph shows the full range, even though the actual digital value is correct. I'm thinking this is due to the way Firefox interprets the Javascript code, although I am not sure, so I'm wondering if you might have some ideas?

Best regards, AB

1 Like

So Firefox on android?
I need to know version numbers for:
firefox
nodejs
node-red
node-red-dashboard
ui_level

Hi, versions are:

firefox => 68.0.2

running on Ubuntu 18.04 server:
node.js => v12.18.3
node-RED => v1.1.2
node-RED dashboard => v2.23.4
ui-level => v0.1.33

Please note that we have observed this behavior (re Firefox) on some desktop machines too.

Thanks for your help! AB

I made some changes to ensure the first rendering success.
If you please update ui_level to v0.1.35 and give me slight feedback is there any improvements.

Thank you.

It looks like that did the trick! Thank you for such a significant contribution to Node-RED!

Cheers, AB

1 Like

Hi.. I am using this as well and since the last update my bars now show the full 100% view rather than
matching the lower number being passed to it.

tried it in Edge (chromium) which shows 100% then if you hit refresh the animation runs and you see the bar go down to 12%

Vivaldi (3.4.2066.86) it just stuck at 100% might take several refreshing to make it update.

This was all fine i think in 1.3.33.... i think 1.3.34 when i saw the issue and figure that was why 1.3.35 was released.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 121107

thanks..

Have you restarted the node-red after update?
Have you cleared browser cache (where dashboard runs) after update?

Just to make sure i redid both.. and still doesn't refresh... only in Edge Chromium it will update after you hit refresh for 2nd time

note there 1.3.36 so updated to that version and restarted NR and no change to the problem.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 144632

I see the above in the Browser dev console if that helps.. app.min.js tracks back to this Module.

The loading.html is not related.
Please add full list of version numbers of your setup.

browser(s)
nodejs
node-red
node-red-dashboard
ui_level

And add info about the platform also.

Browsers... all.. Vivaldi, Edge Chromium, Firefox (all will be on latest versions)
even now on Samsung S10 Browser

It can take several refresh before it works.. if refresh again afterwards it then back to 100%

nodejs : 14.0.0
nodered. 1.2.2
dashboard: 2.23.4
ui_level : 1.3.36

NR is running on a Raspberry Pi3..
Linux DietPi 4.19.66-v7+ #1253 SMP Thu Aug 15 11:49:46 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

any other debugs i can get up?

thanks.

You don't run browsers with dashboard on PI?

no.. no gui /desktop on the pi... all do via PC browser connecting to the PI.

OK. Seems I managed to reproduce on mobile so needs more work.
Luckily nothing is really broken, for any next input the widget shows graphics correctly. It is just bad for setups where the data update rate is really low.

Not related to the problem, I expect, but that is a very early 14.x version of nodjs, the latest is 14.15.0 I believe. It would be worth upgrading as initial versions of releases often have issues.

not too sure how to do that.. and i see latest is Node15 and im sure i read someone had problems using v15 recently

No, don't use 15, 14.x is the latest recommended. The 15 series are effectively development versions on the way to producing 16 which will be the next Long Term Support version. I don't know anything about DietPi, I use Raspbian Lite where I want a minimal OS installation, which is on all my Pis in fact.