How to connect Mitsubishi plc fx3u and Fx5u with node red

Hi there,
I am working on a project of Mitsubishi plc fx3u-128m and other plc Fx5u i need to connect with nodered for getting data from tag address which is getting on Kepserver but the thing is i tried modbus and i tried mcprotocol both didn't work as I saw that in plc programming the plc guy connect Mitsubishi eth-adp to plc and add a line to communicate with it so in that setting he used mc protocol and I get the data in Kepserver why I am not getting it to nodered using mc protocol node.

Unfortunately it is impossible to tell without detail.

We would need to see what you have set in node red, any errors you are getting, how you are connected from the node-red server to the plc's, what IP addresses, gateway and mask are use for all components. What settings and ports are set on the plcs? Whether there are any firewalls or security appliances between node-red and plc.

Here how the details are For PLC FX3u in KepServer
type of Channel Mitsubishi Ethernet
Channel Name
Network Adapter to set as device ipaddress for eg raspberry pi ipaddress why because it communicates with Plc for that
For Adding a device
Device Name
Device Model is Fx3U
Station ID : 192.168.2.20:255
IP protocol is TCP
Port Number : 5001
And For Tag Address is D1101

And For Node Red in Mc Protocal Read Node
Ip Address 192.168.2.20
Frame Type is 3E
Port 5001
Plc Type is Q Series
Address D1101
Outptut Json Object / Array Both Tried
i connected like this
Inject - Read - Debug Node
Getting Error like Time out or Not Connected or Error

Sorry, but I cannot understand this.

Q1: What is the IP, Gateway and Mask of the PLC?

Q2: What is the IP, Gateway and Mask of the computer where Node-RED is running?

Q3: Show me what "Open Settings" you have in the FX3u PLC

Q4: Show me a screen shot of the MC Protocol config node as you have set it up in Node-RED

NOTE:

I have 20y experience of Mitsi PLCs + data collection. I can pretty much predict your life every 2~4 weeks - you will be resetting the PLC because the TCP connection has locked up. I strongly recommend UDP connection instead.

Q1: What is the IP, Gateway and Mask of the PLC?

192.168.2.20 , Gateway is not set in setting and Mask is 255.255.255.0

Q2: What is the IP, Gateway and Mask of the computer where Node-RED is running?

the IP address of raspberry pi or computer
Raspberry pi IPAddress 192.168.2.10 Gateway 192.168.2.1 and Mask 255.255.255.0
and computer which has kepServer
IPAddress 192.168.2.11 Gateway 192.168.2.1 and Mask 255.255.255.0

Q3: Show me what "Open Settings" you have in the FX3u PLC

For right now i have to talk with the PLC Guy to get the settings as he gave me the above details which i send you before now if you require the details then i will ask him if he able to give it or not.

Q4: Show me a screen shot of the MC Protocol config node as you have set it up in Node-RED

I would send you the screen shot Tomorow

I would recommend your PLC guy configures the PLC "Open Settings" to opens a separate port for "MC Protocol", "UDP", port number "1024" (DECIMAL). The PLC will need to be power cycled for it to take affect.

But the thing is if everything is working well on the programming software and also on Kepserver then why it is not working on nodered
Means the settings which i posted you have a station id if you look in Kepserver when adding a device it will show something like this 255.255.255.255: this i replaced with 192.168.2.20:255 now in mc protocol node there i tried to put it but it did not get connected
Means it gives error like not connected, and if I only put the IP address 192.168.2.20 then it shows connected then error then some issues and goes on continuous with error time out. I try to contact with PLC guy and tell if he can change it to UDP as you gave me. But if it still does not works then.

Hi, using IP:PORT will never work (it must be IP only, and the PORT number goes in the separate field)

As for why it does not work for you on Node-RED could be one of many things (configuration at PLC side, configuration of Node-RED server networking, configuration of the MCProtocol config Node, firewall, etc etc)

Unfortunately, since I wrote the Node-RED MCProtocol Node and Driver, I no longer have access to Mitsubishi PLCs. If you have a spare FX PLC with Ethernet that you want to donate I will happily debug the code (and if necessary fix up the source code).

What i can say is: At the automotive plant I used to work, we used this node to communicate with A, QnA, Q and iQr PLCs. As already mentioned, TCP was unreliable (the Mitsi PLC TCP gets its self locked out quite easily - and that was using not only this node but also Kep, citect, iFIX and even Mitsi's own MX software - they all had issues with TCP lock outs!) UDP was much more reliable.

BUT As i See Some Forum Question there is a guy who wrote that it works with Mitsubishi FX PLC, and it has a GitHub link where he showed this

Hi,
I can confirm I was able to use this node also to communicate with FX3U PLC. I didn't do a stress test.
I use these settings:
-FRAME: 1E
-PROTOCOL: TCP
-PLC Type: A

These settings are not set (default)
-Network No
-PC No
-Dest Module
-Dest Module Stn No

Regards,
Jinx

Yes, I know it works (that repository is mine, i wrote the "thanks for confirming" message) but what still stands true is:

I have Shared you the Plc Programming Open Setting Screenshot where the Details are as define you above now the thing is that Configuration of PLC is on above screenshot and about configure of Node-RED Server is on raspberry pi which runs on 192.168.2.12:1880 and configuration of MC Protocol node
ip Address 192.168.2.20
Frame Type is 3E
Port 5001
Plc Type is Q Series
Address D1101
Outptut Json Object / Array Both Tried
Now you tell me where I am missing.

Infact the guy who confirmed that it worked for him he defined

-Network No
-PC No
-Dest Module
-Dest Module Stn No

which i kept as it is means no change in setting for that so might be a issue.

Have you tried other Frame Type - i seen a post where a user had success with frame 1E

Also, did you disable Kepware and GX connection to PORT 5001 or are they still communicating to the PLC at the same time on that PORT?

I still recommend you add a UDP port completely separate. In fact, you should set up all 4 - that way, when you DO (and you will) get a PLC port lock up, you don't have to stop production to get it working (you can simply edit the node-red flow - or do automatic fail over to the 3rd or 4th port)

And finally, as i said before...

Hi There,
The problem which i faced for Fx3U has got solved. and i would tell the Plc Guy to Change TCP to UDP as you Suggested me.
But i have another Issue with Fx5U which one plc is master and other are slave
the issue is that it is not communicating with mc protocol as i faced issue with Fx3U but i tried to play with the Bellow Details
-Network No
-PC No
-Dest Module
-Dest Module Stn No
But the issue is same and it is working on KepServer Still i got a Old Data from him about that PLC which i am sharing you the Screenshot.

@Steve-Mcl Please Go through it try to help me.

Locking this thread since OP has duplicated question here: FX5U PLC Not Communicating with mc protocol node in Node-RED - #2 by Steve-Mcl