FX5U PLC Not Communicating with mc protocol node in Node-RED

Hi There,
The problem which i faced for Fx3U has got solved. and i would tell the Plc Guy to Change TCP to UDP as you Suggested me.
But i have another Issue with Fx5U which one plc is master and other are slave
the issue is that it is not communicating with mc protocol as i faced issue with Fx3U but i tried to play with the Bellow Details
These settings are not set (default)
-Network No
-PC No
-Dest Module
-Dest Module Stn No
But the issue is same, and it is working on KepServer Still i got a Old Data from him about that PLC which i am sharing you the Screenshot.

fd517f7ccfd4dfb1ebc16c085183555db54bbef5_2_690x351

duplicate of How to connect Mitsubishi plc fx3u and Fx5u with node red - #13 by Jayeshpitale1

i thought you have not replied to it so i created new can you please give me a solution

I did not reply as i simply cannot understand your information.

To further help I would need clear and exact information of

• Is this a PLC Card (or built in) Ethernet port
  • Open settings for the working FX3
  • image of mc protocol config settings that work OK on FX3 PLC
  • Open settings for the NOT working FX5
  • image of mc protocol config settings that do NOT on FX5 PLC

Other questions

• Is this the SAME node-RED?
  • Is the FX5 on the same network as the FX3 and does it have same MASK

@Steve-Mcl

• Is this a PLC Card (or built in) Ethernet port

For FX3U there is ENET-ADP.
For FX5U it inbuilt Ethernet and is connected with switch also it is master and 3 or 4 are slave.

• Open settings for the working FX3

i dont have it but i learned from him he showed me from his laptop so i got working with mc protocol

• image of mc protocol config settings that work OK on FX3 PLC

Now i have to add mc protocol node for every address is there any solution where i can get all in one but the thing is i also need to show it in UI

• Open settings for the NOT working FX5

the plc guy showed old one which i posted earlier and i am getting new image from it

• image of mc protocol config settings that do NOT on FX5 PLC

@Steve-Mcl ,
Hello There,
I posted everything you asked me could you please give me a solution on this.

Not possible without all information (I need the open settings) but at a guess, PORT 45237 is incorrect.

I see you are still selecting TCP mode - i will say this only once more, please switch to UDP. TCP on Mitsi is unreliable in my experience.

Hi,
I will re-ask my question in short.
My PLC is FX5u - Running on TCP-IP 191.168.2.10 (it is master plc and it has two slave plcs of same model) ignoring slaves and I want to communicate with master PLC.

Communication from Melsoft GX works3 happens smoothly.

Communication from KepServerEx 6 also happens smoothly [screenshot attached]

My node -red configuration which fails to connect.

I am unable to communicate through node red.

Sorry, i cannot help further.

i am unfamiliar with the FX5 and where its Ethernet "Open Settings" are set (or if it even has them) Without that info I cannot assist.

On a Q series, the "Open Settings" look like this:

If you have a spare FX5 PLC and wish to donate it to me, i will endevour to upgrade and improve the MC Protocol nodes. without a PLC to play with, i am working blind.

What about Multiple Address to handle in 1 node is it possible to use and i need to show it as UI separated For FX3U as i posted you the Screenshot where i add every single node for every address.

See this in another thread recently posted and answered.

PS: Is that also you? or perhaps a colleagues account?

this is the setting for FX5U PLC

@Steve-Mcl

PS: Is that also you? or perhaps a colleagues account?

We Might be both on same issue but i am not knowing him

What is the IP of the computer running Node-RED?

Have you tried UDP (i see the port 1 is set for UDP)

@Steve-Mcl
the computer ip is 192.168.2.100
i tried with UDP it still not working

is there any way to connect me on my laptop or can you provide your contact for better understanding

The IP set in port 1 does not match so you cannot use that one
2 (MELSEC) wont work
3 (SLMP) is possible - but you have already tried that
4 is a socket (AKA RAW ethernet) (not MC protocol) - that wont work

Question. Is No 4 (the raw socket) used for anything? If not, set it to SLMP UDP & give that a go.
Question. If you remove the IP (or set it to 255.255.255.255) on connection No 1, you will be able to connect to that (the IP currently set in that row will prevent .100 connecting)

PS I am a little concerned that 3 and 4 have the same PORT number and are both TCP. That may be a factor!

Example - look at these - all similar screenshots have different port numbers!

EDIT
Any changes you make in the PLC Open settings WILL need the PLC to be power cycled (because Mitsi still think its 1980!)

@Steve-Mcl
Actually, there are 4 PLC which is 1 master on 192.168.2.10 with image of Main PLC

and other on 192.168.2.11,12,13 has a HMI
Now the Thing is that the Plc Guy says he cannot change anything in program setting as the PLC came Configured by Chinese Man and they are not giving the access to this PLC
So is there any other way to get.

is there any way to connect me on my laptop or can you provide your contact for better understanding

What about this. you didn't answered.

And that is why your engineers should be sacked :wink:

the design spec should always state "access to the PLC is required"

Not sure what the question means. but if you mean "can your personal laptop connect" then probably not - due to the afore mentioned ill configured settings in the PLC that should be changed

@Steve-Mcl
But they have provided an old program with the setting above which i send you before