How to find specific log

I recently updated a contrib within pallete (node-red-contrib-hugemagic) and it broke a lot of stuff. Since then, time has passed and I've been looking to fix it in different ways.

But having read a lot of comments and threads on github I would like to roll back to the previous version of huemagic when things worked well for me. Problem is that I don't know which version I was running before. To roll back, I issued the following command:

npm install node-red-contrib-huemagic@3.0.0

This was too early, as I have some Hue button nodes that showed up with dashed lines around them (i.e. in my flows file, but no corresponding node within the huemagic suite)

Then I rolled forward to 4.0.0 but then when I change my light settings, the dashboard just immediately says "lost connection" and I have no idea why.

So I want to somehow work out what version of the contrib I was on previously. I have backups of my flows files from various dates, would I find any info in there?

Or is there a log file for npm or node-red that would have this info?

NB I have Node Red running on an Ubuntu server, as a service (I issue the following to e.g. restart the service: sudo service node-red restart)

I know that I hadn't updated this contrib for quite some time, as in over a year or more, before I updated recently and it broke. But I think 3.0.0 was too early. I haven't been able to see a full changelog with version dates on github that helps me determine which version I was running successfully for so long...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

If you do a backup that includes the package.json file in your userDir folder, then you will have the info probably. You will not find it in the flows file I don't believe.

So you might just find something in a syslog somewhere depending on how long ago you upgraded and how many log rotations you keep.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.