How to fix this language TCP

i want to sent data from sensor but data received it doesn't know what language.
have idea for me thank you.

As it shows, it is a buffer of info that needs "decoding"... What is it you are expecting to see?

that is a reall weird IP address you have assigned - that normally comes about from MS when you do not have a valid connection - but anyway

You will need to give us a bit more info - what is the data packet that is coming in on port 2000 ?

Craig

Both the IP address and the port can be configured by the sensor module. It's a thickness sensor. It communicates in ASCII. We studying how to get the measured value. But We not sure how to resolve this issue with the submitted data.

Sounds like a school project :stuck_out_tongue: I don't get any class credit for studying, so I would suggest you looking at the sensors datasheet to see precisely the format it sends. It might make it easier for you to figure out the rest. Such as determining the best node to use for the "processing/parsing" of the msg.payload

You must configure it with an IP address that is accessible on your network.

I understand it can connect and get data back. But it is different from sensor software if you use sensor software to view the values. And I don't know what to do.

We can't even see the data from that IP

As I said, read up on the sensor datasheet, search Google and this forum for other ways of "parsing" data from whatever type the sensor sends (assuming it is not too proprietary... You may even have to write some code in a function node if that is the case).

169.x.y.z is not a valid IP

169.254.x.x: This is what's called an Automatic Private IP address. An IP in this range means that the computer cannot see the network. A computer using DHCP needs to have an external server tell it what IP address to use.

See this link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.