How to get the update prompt in the palette manager for privately published npm node

I have a privately published node that is updated correctly with the new version on npm, however I'm unable to update it via the palette manager 'update' button.

I've gone through the publish instructions but still not able to see the update button.

How would I go about getting node-red to look for new versions of a private npm node?

Thanks

Hi @IoTGreenbelt

The palette manager uses the catalog published by flows.nodered.org to know when there are updates available.

If your custom node is not in the public catalogue, then Node-RED won't know about any updates you publish.

One option would be to create your own catalogue (a URL that serves a JSON object) which you can configure Node-RED to use via it's settings file in addition to the community catalog.

Can share more pointers if that's a path you're interested in.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response,

Yes please, I'd be curious to know what's involved in setting up a catalogue

Resolved, followed this to create the catalogue, served from an Azure static web app and then added CORS headers as the last step.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.