How to package node-red project into an executable file? [SOLVED]

I want to package my Node-RED flow deployment into an executable file so whenever the executable file is run then the flow should be deployed. How can this be achieved?

1 Like

It isn't clear exactly what you want to do.

Do you want the whole of Node-RED and your settings and flow deployed when you run the executable? Or do you want to simply deploy the flow to an existing installation?

Either is possible via a self-extracting archive. Or you could create an npm package that would be installable via npm if you knew that Node.JS was already installed on your target device.

The first one. I want just one single executable file and if I give that file to anyone (windows user) then they should be able to run the executable file and in result they should be getting the ui dashboard result. so in the backend, the executable file will install teh Node-RED and the settings and deploy the defined flow.
Do you know how this can be achieved?

I have found the solution.
Electron-node-red is the solution

3 Likes

Hi, I did the same thing, It works but I get a folder with many files inside, and, then when I run the .exe, it creates a folder in "C:.node-red\electronflow", there anyone can access the flows.

I'd like to create a single .exe file and do not let my flows saved on the user's computer.

Do you know how can I do that?

1 Like

Hi, electron-node-red is a good solution but what if I do not want a window popping up? Electron node red allows us to build a nice package for distribution and it kind of works well. But how to run our custom node-red application as a windows service or background process?

you can use NSSM - info from a forum search

More nssm info here https://www.helpmegeek.com/run-nodejs-application-as-windows-service/
(Not tried it)

Hi @dceejay ,
I know this is too old topic. But I came across here while searching for the solution.
Is it possible to package in executable file a node-red project which was created using a node-red-offline installer by @TotallyInformation
GitHub - TotallyInformation/alternate-node-red-installer: An alternative installer for Node-RED. Avoids global installs, no admin rights required.,

I actually posted a similar question here:

Thanks and Regards!
Henjoe

2 Likes

Replied on other thread