Import flow - layout lost because no spacers imported

I am working on a fairly large Home Automation GUI using Node-red and Dashboard - almost 700 nodes at this point...

I tried exporting it and importing to another raspberry pi today, and after I deployed it and looked at the UI the layout is totally wrong. I am using a few transparent groups to align and space things, and unless the groups have at least one spacer they don't appear - but when it is imported none of the spacers are imported, all lost. I am also creating a menu bar at the top with buttons for navigation between tabs, and have spacers between all of the buttons and they are also not imported - no spacers are being imported.

What I did is save the Export to a .json file, then downloaded it to my desktop PC, and opened it in Notepad++, copied it and then imported it on the second pi by pasting it into the Import window. Is there something wrong with my process, or is this a bug in Node-red?

Better to use Import from File from the Import dialog. Though I don't expect that is the problem.
What version of node-red, node-red-dashboard and nodejs are you using on the second machine? If not up to date then try updating them.
You can get the versions from the startup log.

Thanks @Colin - the versions were not the same, different core and different Dashboard, same nodejs - I updated all and tried again to import from file this time - same result - none of the spacers were there at all. Here are the versions I have installed on both pi's.

Annotation 2020-05-09 195929

Don't know in that case, I think you will have to wait for another to suggest something. @dceejay?
Maybe this is relevant

Still nothing..if this is really not an issue with node red can anyone who has tested it and had success importing a flow with spacers please upload a copy of their flow for me to try?

No, it doesn't work for me either. The spacers are not exported. Perhaps this is just not possible at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.