Join node missing

Sorry bit of a noob question but I need to combine the output of two nodes and the ‘Join’ node would seem to be the one to use - except I don’t have it on the palette! Is this a standard node and if so why don’t I have it? Is it possible it’s been blown away or overwritten and if so how do I re install it?
TIA Peter

0 Likes

Hi, yes it is a core node and we'd expect it to be there.

The most likely explanation is you have installed a contrib module that also provides a node called 'join' and they are conflicting.

What version of Node-RED and node.js are you using?

If you look in the Palette Manager within the editor, if you expand the 'node-red' module, do you see the join node listed? Any errors against it? Are there any other join nodes in the whole list?

Finally, check the Node-RED log when you start up for any error messages.

0 Likes

Many thanks for prompt reply!
Node Red version 0.19.4 and Node.js version 11.4.0
I think what’s happened is, not realising I already had a ‘Join’ node I installed a contrib ‘join’ node which may have overwritten the original
Next to the ‘Split’ node on pallete manager I have a blue ‘Join’ icon but with no ‘disable’ option so something corrupted :tired_face:
Just need to work out how to put the original back!

0 Likes

start by removing any join nodes on your palette from the contrib node and then use the Manage Pallete option to delete the contrib node and then restart Node-RED

0 Likes

Delete the contrib join module and restart.

0 Likes

Many thanks all - rubbish deleted, rebooted and ‘join’ node reappeared - now back on track!
:+1:

0 Likes