Uninstalling the packages didn't work. It does seem like file loss and it does seem like I'll have to reinstall.
(Bonus issue: the node palette won't open)
I spotted a "Missing ENV var CONFIG_PATH" in the start logs, but there's no info on it. It's not in any settings or config files either. Found a few mentions to the same error here in the forum, but they either went unanswered or were solved by reinstalling.
And yeah, a newer version would be great. But though I'm looking after it for now, this is not my installation and I'm not that familiar with the setup yet. It was in the plans for later, after I finished moving back-end tasks to other servers. Also, the dashboard tends to lose formatting at the smallest change, so I assumed the upgrade would likely destroy it and require lots of patience to fix and bring back online.
Guess that's ahead of schedule now
(On the plus side, all the flows having been working as normal. It's just the editor that's unreadable.)
Glad yours cleared up on its own.
Mine remained broken through a week of fiddling (while I tested an upgrade on another device). I tried clearing the browser cache and using other browsers or computers, but no luck. Not sure if that means something else solved yours or if our issues actually had different root causes despite looking the same.
In any case, a complete reinstall of Node.js and an upgraded Node-RED solved mine.
Silver lining: It's all good and I get to work on a nicer editor now. (the right-click menus and the junctions really improve the experience)
Sorry, I'm not very familiar with docker (just vaguely know what it does), but does that also rebuild node.js? Because I suspect my issue may have been something on that side and not on node red directly.
A bug is always a possibility, but I'm not sure it's about node red configs. Those should be kept in the settings file, and I haven't changed mine. Also, at the time, I tried running node red on an empty directory and the labels stayed gone.
Do tell if you manage to figure out what causes this, please. It'd be good to know what to avoid.
Yep - it seems to come and go. I haven't pinpointed anything that temporarily fixes it though. Every few weeks now I've done a bunch of updating node-red / updating nginx / restarting all the services... then in the middle of all that (not immediately tied to a service update/restart mind you) it'll just start working for a day or two, then it'll be back.