🎉 Node-RED 1.0.0-beta.4 released

Can you check the developer console and report back any errors? That is often a very helpful indication of what might be wrong. I suspect that it is very likely that IE11 would require some polyfills.

1 Like

I'm running iPADOS 13.1 and the editor opens fine for me on a new iPad pro (portrait and landscape).

On my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.2), if I'm in portrait mode, the editor partially opens

but if I turn it to landscape mode and reload everything shows up and continues to show if I flip to portrait mode.

What device are you using and have you tried in in landscape mode?

Some fixes have already gone in since beta4 for the mobile view. I believe it addresses this all-but-the-header blank view.

Interesting indeed, same behaviour here, iOS13 on iPhone 11. Horizontal + reload works and turning back as well, but loading in portrait not.

Not certain if this is my setup or an issue but I was having a problem on beta3 with selecting nodes in the editor. Looking in devtools i see TypeError: Cannot read property '_focusTabbable' of undefined in vendor.js. So assuming this was a beta3 issue I have updated to beta4 - but I got the same issue.

node -v 
v10.15.3

This may be somehow related to something I am working on (a contrib node @BartButenaers & I are working on) though i'm not sure how.

What I experience...
At first, loading NR into browser, all is fine. I can open nodes editor, I can move, deselect, re-select, deploy etc. Then, If I add a node via CTRL+Left Mouse Click, nothing is selectable, I cant open the nodes editor and the above error occurs in Devtools clicking any node or any area of the canvas.

UPDATE...
I have tried to recreate the issue using above steps - but it is not occurring now.
I have changed nothing bar perform a single deploy since I was having this issue.

Latest beta 4 running on a RPi3B+
Node status is lost when changing tabs. A browser reload recovers them. Chrome, Safari on a Mac, the same behavior running Chromium locally on the RPi

This is the "normal" look, all node statuses are shown correctly first time you select a tab

After changing tab and then returning to the previous all node statuses are lost, requires a browser reload to get them back

Good spot, hadn't noticed that. Happening to me too on Win10 with Edge Dev (Chromium based).

Also happens on Win10/Edge.

On IE11, I get this:

Looks like all tabs are rendered on a single "page"

In addition, on Edge (not dev), I have 1 tab that disappears if I change away from it and then back:

No errors shown in the dev console.

Thanks - now fixed.

There are a number of issues with IE11. More than I can address in time for 1.0 - unfortunately no-one reported any of these issues earlier in the beta. Will add a note to the release notes.

I've fixed the main issue with IE11 - nodes appearing on the wrong tabs, and the fact the logo in the header was wrapping when it shouldn't.

Of the other issues @kazuhitoyokoi mentioned (missing/wrong sized icons - due to us moving to SVG icons) they are entirely cosmetic and can be addressed later.

@knolleary
I appreciate your fixing! I think that other issues are ok for v1.0.0. We're really looking forward to using v1.0!

@TotallyInformation
Thank you for the report about IE. :slight_smile: Today, I just came back to my office from holidays.

1 Like

I only ever use it if nothing else works - though it can be useful to highlight minor structural issues in web pages that other browsers deal with internally.

Personally, I don't care whether NR runs on IE11 but you may still get some enterprise users who have no choice.

1 Like

Same issue with me. Installed the modbus library in the latest version and get the same error. Followed your action and now it’s working fine. Did you informed the author?