🎉 Node-RED 2.0.0-beta.1 Released

Yes it does

1 Like

Just for you mate, I made sure there were plenty to choose from (see here)

And font ligatures (as I know you love em :smiley:)

... (need to be enabled in options)

2 Likes

Just to add my two-penny worth.

Running on Ubuntu 20.04 in a VM on Windows 10. Used TotallyInformation's alternate-node-red-installer to load. All working fine so far.

There is a test fix for this in the dev branch

If you feel able to build from src to test that would be great otherwise there will probably be another beta release along in a little while.

1 Like

Right-click with the mouse is great, as it brings up 'Format Document' in Monaco.
No excuse now for not getting curly brackets to line up.

1 Like

Is there a theme from the ones listed that is as close as possible to the default theme (black) in Visual Studio Code?

Yes, it's built in. You set theme to "vs-dark" in settings.js & restart.

You can temporarily set it by pressing F1 & typing theme

4 Likes

I'll retry to build from source this weekend, at the moment I got an image with the build from dev branch and I have the same error as before, but I have to double check to see If I didn't somehow manged to sabotage the build process.

So far, so good - running OK on W10 running as a local install not global.

I note that there are a few more changes to the settings.js file than you mention in the starting post here. It would be good to always mention if there are changes to that file (as you indeed have done here) as it can be hard to work out and easily missed which might sometimes cause people issues.

Giving that a run as I've been waiting patiently for it :grinning: Seems OK so far with possibly one very minor visual thing.

When you expand the editor, there are no visual clues as to how to get back - it isn't obvious that the OK/Cancel buttons go back to the previous view of the editor instead of closing all-together. As I say, very minor just slightly jarring.

Great work all round as usual - thanks for everyone who has contributed, Node-RED continues to go from strength-to-strength!

Just OK? Jeeeesz :wink:

That hasnt changed recently Julian (e.g. same in 1.2.6)

not sure what you mean by this - the expand button
works exactly the same way as it has done for many releases with Ace ?

:grinning: Gimme a chance! I've only just installed it. Not given it a proper run for its money yet.

I thought that might be the response - in that case take it as a general comment then :slight_smile:

Does that make it the best way? :wink:

It isn't the expand part, it is what you see once you've expanded - you don't see the equivalent collapse icon but rather the same buttons you see before expanding that cancel or commit your changes. That is slightly confusing - even for me and I've done it often enough!

As I say, it is only a minor thing.

1 Like

Didn't quite like the default settings so changed some (some might BE the default but the MSFT docs don't say unfortunately for every attribute, only some).

That's how I noticed that the minimap doesn't actually seem to turn off

Minimap is an object not a boolean:

Settings:

codeEditor: {
            /** Select the text editor component used by the editor.
             * Defaults to "ace", but can be set to "ace" or "monaco"
             */
            lib: 'monaco', // 'ace',
            options: {
                /** The follow options only apply if the editor is set to "monaco"
                 * theme - must match the file name of a theme in
                 * packages/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/src/vendor/monaco/dist/theme
                 * e.g. "tomorrow-night", "upstream-sunburst", "github", "my-theme"
                 */
                theme: 'vs-dark', // 'vs',
                /** other overrides can be set e.g. fontSize, fontFamily, fontLigatures etc.
                 * for the full list, see https://microsoft.github.io/monaco-editor/api/interfaces/monaco.editor.istandaloneeditorconstructionoptions.html
                 */
                fontSize: 14,
                //fontFamily: "Cascadia Code, Fira Code, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace",
                fontFamily: "Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace",
                fontLigatures: false,
                colorDecorators: true,
                dragAndDrop: true,
                linkedEditing: true,
                minimap: {
                    enabled: false,
                },
                mouseWheelZoom: true,
                showFoldingControls: 'always',
                useTabStops: true,
            },
        },

That's after a restart and a reload of the editor.

Julian, are you saying setting minimap enabled to false is not taking affect after refresh and restart?

This was working about 6month ago ;). I haven't tested the overides in some time & might have broke something when refactoring.

Let me know and I'll take a look soon.

Ps, trust you to find issues :wink:

Sorry, see update - the minimap attribute is not a boolean but an object - now corrected above.

1 Like

Will there be a docker build of the beta version ?

Yes: V2.0.0-beta docker image

2 Likes

Awesome :rocket: thank you :v:

Hi Julian - thanks for your updates on the options.
Have you tried the high-contrast... 'hc-dark' theme??
For my eyesight it improves the readability of the text.

Just tried it - it a bit harsh on my eyes, I prefer the plain dark theme. On full VScode, I use the default dark theme called Dark+