🎉 Node-RED 2.0.0-beta.1 Released

Node removed, issue persists

Hi Steve

Yes. It is all working now. I will move the zigbee devices to standard MQTT.

Still, be interesting to know WHY that node affects the editor

I now have that node set installed on my test system (have always had it installed on one of my production servers), and in use, and I see the same thing. I can open - for example - a function node but can not enter any text in the editor.

I see this in the devtools console as soon as I try to type in the editor window:

Removing that palette, and then restarting node-red, fixes it. Doesn't fix it until a restart of node-red, though.

Did you reboot/restart node-red after removing that palette? You need to restart before it will be fixed - if that is your original issue, of course.

@Buckskin & @Botched1 - thank you - your posts have lead me to the cause (though I dont understand the exact reason why it breaks)

In short, node-red-contrib-zigbee2mqtt uses an old jQuery add-in called "multiple-select". If I disable that or update it, the editor does not break.

@Botched1, @Buckskin, @JoseGodinho If you wouldnt mind verifying my findings, please try the following...

1. Open \node-red-contrib-zigbee2mqtt\static\js\multiple-select.min.js in a text editor and replace the contents with this updated version - then save & close the file.
  2. Open \node-red-contrib-zigbee2mqtt\static\css\multiple-select.css in a text editor and replace the contents with this updated version - then save & close the file.
  3. Stop / re-start node-red
  4. Refresh browser

Please let me know if this works for you and I will update the github issue I raised

I did that !

Steve

I have removed the zigbee mentioned node and the problem persist.
I have node test instance with a lot of nodes, could be that some other node causes a similar issue.

Possibly.

could you list the contrib nodes you have installed please?

Here you go .... I said a lot!!!

node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill
node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2
node-red-contrib-array-permutations
node-red-contrib-array-splitter
node-red-contrib-boolean-logic-ultimate
node-red-contrib-button-interpreter
node-red-contrib-collector
node-red-contrib-config
node-red-contrib-cpu
node-red-contrib-daikin-ac
node-red-contrib-dashboard-average-bars
node-red-contrib-dashboard-sum-bars
node-red-contrib-deconz
node-red-contrib-delta
node-red-contrib-device-stats
node-red-contrib-ewelink
node-red-contrib-filter
node-red-contrib-flow-combine
node-red-contrib-fs
node-red-contrib-hue-tunable-white
node-red-contrib-image-output
node-red-contrib-influxdb
node-red-contrib-influxdb-backup
node-red-contrib-interval
node-red-contrib-linux-memory
node-red-contrib-literal-utils
node-red-contrib-logger
node-red-contrib-match
node-red-contrib-modbus
node-red-contrib-moment
node-red-contrib-mytimeout
node-red-contrib-netatmo-dashboard
node-red-contrib-nuki
node-red-contrib-play-audio
node-red-contrib-pushstaq
node-red-contrib-remote
node-red-contrib-samsung-automation-studio-nodes
node-red-contrib-schedex
node-red-contrib-simple-gate
node-red-contrib-simple-message-queue
node-red-contrib-simpletime
node-red-contrib-solar-power-forecast-plus
node-red-contrib-sonos-plus
node-red-contrib-spotify
node-red-contrib-string
node-red-contrib-sun-position
node-red-contrib-tfjs-coco-ssd
node-red-contrib-time-range-switch
node-red-contrib-toggle
node-red-contrib-ui_list
node-red-contrib-ui-artless-gauge
node-red-contrib-ui-clock
node-red-contrib-ui-contextmenu
node-red-contrib-ui-digital-display
node-red-contrib-ui-led
node-red-contrib-ui-level
node-red-contrib-ui-multistate-switch
node-red-contrib-ui-svg
node-red-contrib-ui-value-trail
node-red-contrib-uibuilder
node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home
node-red-contrib-web-babylonjs
node-red-contrib-xiaomi-sensors

Wow, yes, a lot :astonished:

could you please help me prioritise / narrow this down somewhat?

Which of those nodes have a code editor (like the function node, infuxdb node, and the DB node in the samsung nodes? )

EDIT

Never mind - I believe it is exactly the same issue as the node-red-contrib-zigbee2mqtt node.

The following packages all have an old version of the offending jQuery package "multiple-select" embedded in their src package (instead of using the npm version)

You are correct, just deleted deconz and its working

1 Like

If you (or anyone) does need the deconz node, the fix I posted before also works for that node...

1. Open \node-red-contrib-deconz\static\js\multiple-select.min.js in a text editor and replace the contents with this updated version - then save & close the file.
  2. Open \node-red-contrib-deconz\static\css\multiple-select.css in a text editor and replace the contents with this updated version - then save & close the file.
  3. Stop / re-start node-red
  4. Refresh browser

But the author is aware and does intend on fixing the deconz nodes.

2 Likes

I can confirm that for me, making those two changes in the zigbee2mqtt node's js & css (then restarting node-red) fixes the editor issue where you can not enter new data.

1 Like

Checking the filter/rbe node in the palette, I'm seeing a warning - 'Type already registered'.
I'm guessing it's because the node has 2 names and the warning can be disregarded.

rbe

We moved the rbe into core and relabelled it as filter. The “old” existing rbe node will still be there unless you remove it so yes it will create a warning.

1 Like

Thanks.
I've removed the filter node, and again installed node-red@next which has re-installed the filter node again as part of core.
All good :+1:

Hi Steve

I can confirm that the monaco editor works with those changes. Thank you, saves me a bit of messing around.

1 Like

In 2.0.0beta1, even if you access FlowEditor from a Chrome / Firefox browser whose language setting is Japanese, the display will be in English. It was possible to switch by selecting Japanese in User Settings-> View.

Did you F5 refresh the browser after changing language?

My Chrome browser is set to Japanese, but it is still displayed in English no matter how many times I F5 with the "Browser default" setting.
Then, if you set Language to Japanese in User Settings and then press F5, the display will be in Japanese. (This is as expected)

(The thing that I find problematic is that Browser default is displayed in English even though it is in Japanese.)