🎉 Node-RED 2.0 Released

I found out that this issue only exist on one of my two Node-RED instances. I'm not able to write in function nodes either. @knolleary

Thanks for looking into it Steve.

Did you look in chrome console?

F12 → console

I would say that if you need to build flows for 1.3.x then you should just keep a local copy of 1.3.x around to build them one, that way you don't have to worry about things changing.

Anything else is just leaving you open to things working locally and breaking when deployed to the machines you have limited access to, making it even harder to debug/fix.

These error messages are getting spammed in the browser-console when opening the function editor, @Steve-Mcl.

TypeError: e[Symbol.iterator] is not a function
    at Object.e.first (editor.js:1)
    at Object.getCommand (editor.js:5)
    at Mn.executeCommand (editor.js:5)
    at Object.type (editor.js:5)
    at $e.type (editor.js:5)
    at editor.js:5
    at c.fire (editor.js:1)
    at HTMLTextAreaElement.<anonymous> (editor.js:5)
    at editor.js:1
editor.js:1 Uncaught Error: e[Symbol.iterator] is not a function
debug-utils.js:479 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (debug-utils.js:479)
    at HTMLDivElement.handle (vendor.js:2)
    at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (vendor.js:2)
    at HTMLDivElement.v.handle (vendor.js:2)
(anonymous) @ debug-utils.js:479
handle @ vendor.js:2
dispatch @ vendor.js:2
v.handle @ vendor.js:2

This is a known issue with an prototype polution caused by other nodes.

See this thread: 🎉 Node-RED 2.0.0-beta.1 Released - #84 by Botched1

Do you have any of these nodes installed...

See here for workaround...

1 Like

I have a problem when docker updated to V2 - the node-red-contrib-enocean node v0.8.5 fails to load. I logged a comment testing the beta on his github but does anyone have a pointer on how to fix?

(loving the monaco editor and other bells and whistles!)

14 Jul 13:11:40 - [info] Flows stopped in safe mode. Deploy to start.
14 Jul 13:11:40 - [info] *****************************************************************
14 Jul 13:12:54 - [info] Installing module: node-red-contrib-enocean, version: 0.8.5
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] Installed module: node-red-contrib-enocean
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] Added node types:
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] - node-red-contrib-enocean:enocean-config-node : SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] - node-red-contrib-enocean:enocean-in
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] - node-red-contrib-enocean:enocean-actor : SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] - node-red-contrib-enocean:enocean-out : SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module
14 Jul 13:13:25 - [info] - node-red-contrib-enocean:enocean-btn
14 Jul 13:14:42 - [info] Stopping flows

There is a small issue with the delay node when set to rate limit and sending a msg.reset message throwing the error:

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasOwnProperty' of undefined"

[{"id":"49c5f93c6e9995b4","type":"inject","z":"8ae02d5f.40148","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":920,"y":1140,"wires":[["2e22d894ed0e714c"]]},{"id":"2e22d894ed0e714c","type":"change","z":"8ae02d5f.40148","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"reset","pt":"msg","to":"true","tot":"bool"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1080,"y":1140,"wires":[["644d0a36bf3c0011"]]},{"id":"644d0a36bf3c0011","type":"delay","z":"8ae02d5f.40148","name":"","pauseType":"rate","timeout":"5","timeoutUnits":"seconds","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"1","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"1","randomLast":"5","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":false,"allowrate":false,"x":1250,"y":1140,"wires":[[]]}]

Hi @Deon

please raise an issue.

Updated the deconz node, and seems to be working now. Thanks!

Have you done this Nick or do you want a PR?

It's already fixed. 2.0.2 will be released tomorrow.

3 Likes

I hate those nerve-wracking hours after a big release!

2 Likes

I assume this is related to the RBE to Filter change... is there a way to clean up this notice manually?

See this : Node-red-node-rbe in Manage Palette - #2 by knolleary

1 Like

@Steve-Mcl thanks!

v2.0.3 has been released to address these issues - 🎉 Node-RED 2.0.3 Released

This saved me, I had a naughty deconz node installed on my Home Assistant setup. Thanks a lot for the list of "bad" nodes :slight_smile: